Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold 3 no sound on inner screen

(Topic created on: 05-04-2024 09:33 PM)
Gman1707
Pioneer
Options
Hello all, since the last software update when opening screescreen to full mode the sound dissapears. I have tested speakers in diagnostic mode with phone shut and all good. Once opened no sound. Can anyone shed light on this? 
73 REPLIES 73
Riki_26
Apprentice
Options

Having read many resources, seems that samsung doesn't take any responsibility for this problem, they just tell us to replace the inner display, SO I decided to let go of my Fold 3.

And, there will be  NO OTHER Z FOLDS FOR ME because of this issue.

Hoping that Xiaomi, Vivo & Google's foldable are sold in my country (finger cross)

AntS
Options

Hi guys,

It's best to send error reports with log files on this one... if you haven't done so already.

As soon as you can after the issue occurs (within 15 minutes is best):

Samsung Members > Support > Send feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > choose frequency of issue, and write an accurate and good description (and attach any screenshots/pictures/videos showing the issue if you want/are able to) > tick ‘Send system log data’ > Send (the > icon on the top right).

(Or, for a shortcut: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select 'Error reports' from the dropdown menu, and follow the steps from there.)

That will send that report and log files for the Samsung developers to analyse.

Further guidance on how to send error reports here if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/samsung-members-app-how-to-send-an-error-re... 

0 Likes
fixit20
First Poster
Options
I am having the same issue after I updated my phone
JohnMcClane81
Student
Options

Am postat si eu , am aceiasi problema dupa update. Acum am descoperit ca daca il deschid pana in aproape 90 de grade am sunet. Daca il deschid mai mult de 90 de grade sau complet, nu mai am sunet. Mi se pare ca e o coincidenta stranie chiar dupa update.

0 Likes
Laineyferrari
Explorer
Options

I got a notification to update thismorning,  

Was hoping it would fix my sound issues since the last update....

No change whatsoever 

Might as well throw it in the bin !!!! NOT HAPPY SAMSUNG 

Laineyferrari
Explorer
Options

I've been on the phone to samsung all morning and resolved nothing. They want me to send my phone away.....I've already been stung $600 in the first 12 months for the black inner screen.

They expect me to send the phone again just so they can take my money again. No way, how bout replace my phone samsung, better still, it only takes 7 people to file a class action for this issue. Who's with me? Like my post if you want in on a class action, this isn't good enough..

Members_Nfh5LCk
First Poster
Options

I'll join you. I have the same problem. Up to 90° it plays normally but at full extension the sound doesn't work. Obvious assumptions of a consumer product within 2 years. The question now will be whether I'll still go for the samsung, it's not small money after all.

MistExterior
Journeyman
Options
Same problems here as the rest of you guys except mine is on the Fold 3. Bought in November 2021, just out of warranty.
Scott247
Apprentice
Options
Same problem with me, no sound when screen is opened. Will not be a Samsung customer for any product in the future.
Gman1707
Pioneer
Options
After the January updat doth screens sound disappeared. I have now got sound back on outer screen after doing a hard reset. Still no sound on inner screen. I can hear the switch working to switch off sound when folding device. And as this screen is pretty much brand new can only assume its a deliberate fault on samsungs path to claw back some money for their faulty screen repairs under warranty.