Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 3...Back it goes again!!

(Topic created on: 30-03-2022 01:51 PM)
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
So after all the hassle of last time see here -https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/z-fold-3-internal-screen-protector-lifting/...

It's happened again, the screen protector is going at the top and it getting worse by the day just 2-3 months on. 🙄🙄
I said to myself if it was gona happen again I'd just remove it as no issue on warranty as we've all come to know, but in the middle of the screen I've noticed a small bump appearing, it is more noticeable if you look down the crease as it distorts the crease on the phone and you can feel it slight to the touch also so off it going again tomorrow morning.
They've told me it should be warranty again but I've got a feeling they'll want to charge for the screen protector but in all honesty I hope they just replace the device with the bump/bulge starting to appear.
I'll keep this upto date let you know how it all goes👍👍
16 REPLIES 16
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Are you UK based??
0 Likes
gary051
Student
Options
Yeah UK based, thank you for the quick reply!
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Give this number a ring 03330000333 who I've spoke too on both my replacements, tell them you've been told its under warranty so you want to book it in for the replacement
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@gary051: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your Galaxy Z Fold3. If you have any trouble getting through, and you wanted to get in touch via social media or Live Chat, then please follow the link below to find details of all our support channels, who you can reach out to for further assistance. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Thoen
First Poster
Options

How did you get them to take care of it?  Everytime I contact them about this, they say there is no known issue and I must have caised the damage and need to runnit through insurance

inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
Are you UK based or elsewhere?
0 Likes
ponchyy
Journeyman
Options

I'm based in the UK and I'm having the worse experience of my life over a screen protector on zflip3, the phone has been great but then it started in the corners of the fold either side to lift, I looked online for a replacement and was advised to send it in to Samsung, it only took a day from starting to lift in the corners of the fold for them to meet and be all along the fold. 

I sent it to Samsung after a call and they sent it to a 3rd party called Tmt first, they want to replace the screen and battery and charge me 279 for the pleasure!

There is no damage to the screen or battery and they are refusing to replace the screen protector even though I have offered to pay for it! They say the scratches and a minor dent on the hinge cover is user damage and means they must replace all that stuff to meet warranty standards.  There is no mention of replacement hinge cover as I assume it costs pennies and is the only thing with any damage albeit only cosmetic!

I have requested a report from the engineer but I'm still waiting! Apparently DPD are returning the phone tomorrow and I have told Samsung I have photo evidence of the phone and it was just a protector lifting at the fold and I expect the phone to be returned in the same condition with the lifting screen protector still attached and I won't accept it otherwise!

Who did you speak with? When I spoke on the phone, the first guy was nice as pie, British, and asked if there was any damage to the phone and I told him about the hinge as its the only part not covered by the official Samsung armid case and he said not a problem that doesn't effect the screen protector on the opposite side send it in and we will replace under warranty.

The second guy I spek to after tmt try to charge £279 is just rude and repeats its user damaged so will need repairing to a warranty standard, they have to go with what the engineers say!

They refuse to send me this report by just saying they will get it and don't! They surely have a copy if not it takes minutes to email? 

I am now under the same suspicion as all the reviewers I see, that Samsung are involved in allowing TMT first to continue to repeat this scam and refusing to investigate and do business with these scam artists.

0 Likes