Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 3...Back it goes again!!

(Topic created on: 19-05-2022 11:17 AM)
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
So after all the hassle of last time see here -https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/z-fold-3-internal-screen-protector-lifting/...

It's happened again, the screen protector is going at the top and it getting worse by the day just 2-3 months on. 🙄🙄
I said to myself if it was gona happen again I'd just remove it as no issue on warranty as we've all come to know, but in the middle of the screen I've noticed a small bump appearing, it is more noticeable if you look down the crease as it distorts the crease on the phone and you can feel it slight to the touch also so off it going again tomorrow morning.
They've told me it should be warranty again but I've got a feeling they'll want to charge for the screen protector but in all honesty I hope they just replace the device with the bump/bulge starting to appear.
I'll keep this upto date let you know how it all goes👍👍
16 REPLIES 16
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Whether you manage to get this sorted or not, my advice to you would be to stay away from their "foldable" devices until such time as all of their associated problems are fixed. I know it's nice to have the latest, most up-to-date "thing " but is it worth the hassle when things go wrong? I for one will be sticking with a slab design handset and if Samsung decides that we should all have a "foldable " in the future, that's when I will change brands.
Bt32
Voyager
Options
I have a slight bulge on mine. I think its just the hinge mechanism.
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
I get where you coming from for sure but same time I appreciate its still new tech and I don't mind as such things happening it's more the inconvenience of sending them off to get sorted, I work with phones for a living so I got through phones quote alot and had my fair share of good and bad over years lol I just they do it under warranty again
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
I think so too but I've never had it there before now and on units I sell at work none of them have it so its definitely something defective
Bt32
Voyager
Options
Tbh I'd rather trade the Zf3 in for the s22u but only have the Exynos variant here and it has issues so stuck with the F3.
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
It's back today all sorted new internal screen protector fitted, the bump has disappeared although there was no mention of this on paperwork and they fitted a new cover screen protector and swapped battery out again and all done under warranty again. Let's see how long this one last 🤔🤞🤞🤞
NJE
Student
Options
Did you have to pay?
inwardnoise
Navigator
Options
No, both times its been done under warranty. The Samsung experience stores for some reason want to charge for it as they've been told different but both times I've sent it directly they've just done it under warranty 👍
gary051
Student
Options

Do have the link to the contact page? Unfortunately inner screen is increasingly peeling and should probably look into this sooner than later