Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Maintenance Mode - Repairer says no due to GDPR

(Topic created on: 25-03-2024 11:50 AM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

So backed up and reset sent my device for repair, received it set it up and then noticed an issue, so need to send it back AGAIN, annoyed so I asked can I send the device in Maintenance Mode, I was advised NO SAMSUNG ADVISE ALL DEVICES RESET FOR GDPR

Seems crazy to have such a feature, as even after a restore it still takes me hours to log back into everything and set up items that don't get restored.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/maintenance-mode/

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
keith30
Maestro
Options
I always thought the Maintence Mode settings was for that, to be able to send it off for repair. So is that wrong, if so what's the point of having that settings? Samsung should explain more about the mode then.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Obsydian  Yes I do find that surprising and will be frustrating,  a big play wasa made over Maintenance Mode.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

To add rebooking the repair, had to transfer to a Samsung Chat agent to authorise.

I even asked them and they said if the repairer says reset, then reset.

I replied yes, but they are saying it because they insist it is Samsung's advice.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes