Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One ui help please

(Topic created on: 08-10-2023 08:19 PM)
kaldrenaaa
Explorer
Options
I recently downloaded the beta for one ui 6 and after exploring the new ui, I decided I didn't like it so I went to samsung members and withdrew from the program without knowing that I would have to factory reset my phone. After hearing that I had to do alot to go back to one ui 5, I decided that I would stick with the beta until the official one came out BUT will the fact that I withdrew from the program have any effect on whether I get further updates or not? Basically if I withdraw for the beta but then don't go back to one ui5, will there be any issues or will u not get updates. Please help if you understand. Thanks 
16 REPLIES 16
kaldrenaaa
Explorer
Options
Did you back up your data and if so, is everything the same as before
0 Likes
kaldrenaaa
Explorer
Options
I can't pay contactless until November 😞
0 Likes
Bryan47
Pioneer
Options
I backed up ok, but a lot of apps are not compatible with 6. I switched back to 5.1 and had to reinstall everything. Not a problem, but I liked some aspects of 6, so installed it again. The only thing was that Google wallet sees my phone as rooted, so installed Samsung wallet, which is ok
0 Likes
tam1953
Navigator
Options
Oops sorry typo
0 Likes
chieftain88
First Poster
Options
Does contactless not work on the beta?
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@chieftain88 

As with all Samsung Beta test firmwares, they are not certified by Google and so some apps will not work as detailed in the Beta enrolment agreement. Samsung Wallet is OK. 

BETA GOOGLE PAY Screenshot_20231010_130608_Gallery.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Bryan47
Pioneer
Options
After reinstalling the beta, I found that Google wallet failed so installed Samsung wallet, which worked without a hitch. No other problems att all.
0 Likes