Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent call issues

(Topic created on: 13-02-2024 10:27 PM)
Jalcorn
Journeyman
Options
I have been using my Fold 5 for a few months. In the last week, it has started having issues will calls. It disconnects a call when ringing, after connecting for a few seconds it disconnects or connects with no sound. It can then work for a call and then start over again. 

I have tried the following: ensuring all software and apps are updated; turning off WiFi calling; safe mode and finally a factory reset. I've looked through what apps have call permissions, looks like only standard apps. I still get the same issue! 

I have removed unused apps. They are all from Google play store or Galaxy store. The apps are ones I moved from my S23 and had no issues with them on that device.

Is there an app that can check other apps to see if it's causing a conflict? Or is it likely to be a hardware issue?

Any advice great fully received
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Jalcorn 

Sorry to learn that you are experiencing call issues. It may help others if you post which carrier you are with and your signal strength, (-dBm & ASU)...

Settings > About phone > Status information > SIM card status > Signal strength

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Jalcorn
Journeyman
Options
Thanks.

I'm with O2.
105dBm & 34ASU.

I've checked with O2 and no reported issues. This issue has also happened at various locations, where previously I've had no problems.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Jalcorn 

Sorry about the solution being marked. My finger slipped.

Your current -dBm & ASU are within the normal parameters for a reasonable signal but I do notice that O2 have been experiencing some issues as shown by DownDetector...

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/o2/

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Jalcorn
Journeyman
Options
Thanks.

What would the advice be?

I find it strange when other phones on the same network have no issues at the same time.
0 Likes
Jalcorn
Journeyman
Options
I've just discovered that in mobile networks, if the phone is set to 3g/2g there appears not to be an issue wih calls. Change this to 4g/3g/2g or 5g/4g/3g/2g then I cannot make or receive calls or they drop out.

O2 says there are no network issues. It's a new sim card. Any ideas?
0 Likes
cdav
Pioneer
Options
I had issues on my Samsung s23+. Vodafone say no issues their end. New phone and sim worked fine until the 12th then kept kicking off and saying emergency calls only. Tried searching for info, found nothing. Eventually tried turning off 5g auto connect. Instead clicked on 4,3 and 2 auto connect and so far it's not happened since at all. Been well over 24 hrs now.
0 Likes