Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Fold 5 cracking/popping sound

(Topic created on: 28-10-2023 09:05 AM)
TallPaul1984
Apprentice
Options
Hey is any body experiencing a cracking/popping sound when opening their fold 5? It does sound like something sticky peeling. It didn't do this when I first got the phone, and has seemed to get louder. There are no visible signs that the screen protector is starting to come off. I sent my first hand set back because of this. My friend who has a fold 4 said he had this but removed the screen protector and the noise disappeared. Any one had this and removed the screen protector? If it is the screen protector then I can live with it. Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
Justme212
Student
Options

I had the same problem.  After hearing the crackling, my screen stopped responding.  I took it to U Break I Fix place and they replaced the screen in about 4 hours.  Really  bad QA from Samsung's part.  U Break I Fix gives a warranty for 1 year for the problem.  But it should have never happened.

0 Likes
Evelyn16
Student
Options

I totally agree. Unfortunately we dont have one of those places in Lugano Switzerland otherwise I would have gone there. My buddies are laughing at me for spending so much on a phone.that crackles. I am quite embarrassed hahaha

0 Likes
Xtremeprowash24
First Poster
Options

Less than a month mine cracked.

Just opened one morning it was cracked. Why does it happen?

0 Likes