Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip 4 Water Damage

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Members_KJ68eIa
First Poster
Options

My phone is still under warranty and I am still paying the monthly instalment but my phone is kapot. Let me explain why.

I bought my Flip 4 in November 2022. Screen was replaced 3 weeks ago under guarantee. The problem with the screen was a chronical Flip screen cracking issue. One week after the replacement, my phone had water contact and didn’t turn on. Samsung shop in Utrecht (Netherlands), Whatsapp customer service (they are very rude) or customer representatives on the phone didn’t solve the problem.

According to Samsung website and I quote “Galaxy Z Flip4 is rated as IPX8. IPX8 is based on test conditions for submersion in up to 1.5 meters of freshwater for up to 30 minutes.”. One glass of water killed my phone and I’m sure screen replacement caused that. Nobody takes responsibility but instead, they suggest me to buy a Flip 5.

I’m not an Apple fan and I was seeing Samsung as the best alternative but it’s not going to happen anymore.

Leaving this message because despite its weird problems such as, at some point they've changed the policy for free screen protector replacement and started charging 20 Eur each time (it happens every 3-4 months btw), even though it was not the case when they sold the phone, I still liked the phone but unfortunately they don't stay after their product.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_KJ68eIa 

Welcome to the UK / Eu section of the Samsung Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to learn of the issues you are facing with your phone. 

The ip rating you mention provides water resistance not water proofing. 

If water ingress happens then this isn't covered under the Manufacturer's Warranty. 

Other insurance cover such as Samsung Care+ or standalone phone insurance or House Contents Insurance may cover such damage. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes