Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOLD 4 UNABLE TO OPEN COMPLETELY

(Topic created on: 02-12-2023 04:24 PM)
Members_Fcs0xtK
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung fold4 is in warranty . My phone is not opening/unfolding completely. Tried to complained a lot of time and visited service centers as well. But every time they told me cost is £600 as this does not cover warranty. What is this treatment with £1900 phone. In 8 months it is having issues and after 3 months of complaints and within warranty you are asking me to pay up to £600 to fix hinges Is this a joke? Do you want me to waste my time till my warranty expired so that you can charge. This is not something damage customer has done. I have this in first 4 months only. Yesterday was my last straw to raise this on twitter. Fold has this manufacturer issue of folding and rather than accepting your issues Samsung trying to find out ways to get money from customers. Can someone please really fix my phone?

ITS INTERNAL FAULT. ITS MANUFACTURE ISSUE. SO PLEASE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND FIX THE PHONE. DON'T WAIT FOR MY WARRANTY TO EXPIRE OR GIVE ME EXCUSES JUST TO CHARGE ME TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY...

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you paid using a credit card, tell them to raise a Section 75 dispute.
REGARDS, OBSYDIAN - Car & Tech Evangelist / 2 decades of Samsung Ownership
DAILY: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Buds Pro2, 20,000 Power bank, Smart Tags
OFFICE: Book2 Pro i7 [Laptop], M70A 32” [Monitor], Samsung Level [Speaker]
GAMING: M70A 43” [Monitor], Book2 Pro i5, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptops]
FAMILY: ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S7 Plus, Buds Pro2
SPARE: Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], ZFlip3
AV: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears],
KITCHEN: MC32K7055 [Microwave], S65DG54M3B1 [Fridge] Jet 75 (Vacuum)
NON-SAMSUNG: iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2, Phone 12
0 Likes
Members_Fcs0xtK
Apprentice
Options

My samsung fold4 is in warranty . My phone is not opening/unfolding completely. Tried to complained a lot of time and visited service centers as well. But every time they told me cost is £600 as this does not cover warranty. What is this treatment with £1900 phone. In 8 months it is having issues and after 3 months of complaints and within warranty you are asking me to pay upto £600 to fix hinges Is this a joke? Do you want me to waste my time till my warranty expired so that you can charge. This is not something damage customer has done. I have this in first 4 months only. Yesterday was my last straw to raise this on twitter. Fold has this manufacturer issue of folding and rather than accepting your issues Samsung trying to find out ways to get money from customers. Can someone please really fix my phone?
Samsung customer care scamming people by literally making warranty void as they want to make money. IT IS WELL KNOWN MANUFACTURER DEFECT FROM SAMSUNG. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. DON'T SCAM PEOPLE. I WANT MY PHONE FIXED AS IT IS IN WARRANTY. SHAME on Customer service UK as they just asking me to accept that I have to pay whatever they asked me to as they are going to void my Warranty with their defect. I never ever dropped my phone. But they are claiming that I am responsible their hinges are not working. 

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi there

As this is a duplicate post, please delete and members can comment on the original post that was entered a short while ago.

Multiple posts on the same matter from the same member can be frustrating for those of us looking to support / comment / help.
S24 Ultra
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Typically Samsung would refuse a free repair under the 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty if they deem the issue as accidental damage. 

What exactly has Samsung advised. 

Please show an upload of the communication sent by them @Members_Fcs0xtK 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Adixit
First Poster
Options
I had the same issue but got resolved within 48 hrs at the Samsung Experience Store in London.
They took my phone in for repair and completely changed the frame hinges and new battery with out rasing any single issue.
My only grip is that they don't offer a replacement handset for the repair period.
0 Likes
Ddsoptionstrader
First Poster
Options

Samsung fold 4 is a defective design with many hinges failing under normal use. This should be offered an extended warranty by.samsung just for the hinge at no cost or someone should file a class action lawsuit on this.

0 Likes
Members_56oaITW
First Poster
Options

Same problem, I bought my Z Fold 4 in November 2022, thus less than 2 years old and as of recently I cannot completely fold it open anymore.

The Samsung repair center in Antwerp voided the warranty because of a little dent in the hinge which has been there since day 1 so not related with the problem for sure. You know typically when you buy something it immediately gets scratched :-(. 

Because the hinge is the only unprotected thing using Samsung's protective cover, there is pretty much always a dent or scratch and Samsung uses it as an excuse to void warranty.

The repair would cost me 590 €.  Because the only repair, Samsung can offer in this case was replacing the battery and the display as well! I obviously refused this.  It's like going to a garage for an issue with the hinges of your door and the garage owner proposing to replace your dashboard and engine as well because "that's what they do".

I always thought that Apple users were ripped off but apparently Samsung is going the same path.

Wondering what Samsung is going to do about this.

0 Likes