Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty flip phones

(Topic created on: 08-08-2023 05:46 PM)
Members_OBTX6Ul
Explorer
Options

Samsung are thevies , and liars they said my phone screen was broke aftre the 2ND time it broke after 3 months and it was only broken by there repair team if it was because it left my house  with a fault not a broken screen but then came back with 4 pin holes isometricly in each corner and they tried to blame that on me, unless i work in area 51 i dont have the techno to make that mark, then wanted me to pay 359 pound . When i refused they sent my phone back , screen punctured in each corner and now no shop will repair it because they dont go go near flip phones because shops cant give a guarantee on the screen because they break to often. So nobody buy a FLIP PHONE stick to the S series and you will be ok.

15 REPLIES 15
Members_OBTX6Ul
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone please lets all stick together and boycott all the flip phones, or you will all need to take insurance out for the next 2 years and read the smallprint because you can only change the screen one and mine went after 3 months then 5 months so be very careful, and take pictures when you send it off , i didnt and i paid the price.

0 Likes
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
They're a bunch of scammers who love ripping off their customers, and the 's' series is all good except when for when some of them reaches the two year mark, out of warranty period. That's when an update could possibly mess up your phone, ignore samsung, find a different brand. Samsung isn't what it used to be, really gone downhill...
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_OBTX6Ul 

I'm sorry to hear your experiencing these issues with your flip phone. 😔 

When sending off a phone or surrendering the phone to a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre I always advise to take time and dated photo's of the phone to show it's aesthetic condition before it left me, and also one of it turned on.

This helps to support if anything happens in transit or while the Service Centre has the phone.

If you took any then you can use these to support your claim that these marks were not made / created by yourself. 

You can ask Samsung to look at the phone again with a view that you didn't create the damage accidentally.

And or look to Home Contents Insurance or some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account. You would need to check the policy terms and excess fee's. 

I appreciate your viewpoint maybe that as you didn't cause the damage then why should you have to go down this route instead of having the phone repaired under the Samsung Limited 2 Year Manufacturing Warranty.

I'm just trying to provide other possible options if Samsung refuse support advising accidental damage isn't covered under the warranty.

Unfortunately due to the concept of the flip and fold phone's and the materials they use most highstreet standalone repair shops won't have the materials and tools to effect a Repair.

I wish you all the best with this.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
They have not found a way on how to bend or fold glass. Give them a few years and they should have it sorted.

Untill then a flat screen is good advice.
Members_OBTX6Ul
Explorer
Options

Hi, just a quick reply, dpd couriers who samsung use did take a couple of pictures one outside box and one inside box but suprisingly  the only one i can find on there site is the one in the box and its easier to get in touch with aliens than dpd.  And the 3 shops i took it to, all of them said they could fix the phone but they wouldnt because they said they couldnt give a guarantee that they wouldnt go again because they all said they have had loads of people taking phones to them with the same problem. Samsung should just man up and either sort peoples complaints out or scrap the flip phones. 

Members_OBTX6Ul
Explorer
Options

Hi, they might not have found a way to bend glass yet but they certanly know how to bend the rules when people send one to get repaired🤔

0 Likes
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

When you say the screen 'went', what happened and what did support say? Happy to look into your case if you'd like - PM me if you'd prefer.

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
Sam_UK
Options

Hi @Members_OBTX6Ul , We've merged your two topics as it's best to keep the conversation in one place.

In addition to to what SocietyGirl said, feel free to send us a PM to our Sam_UK account (the one I'm making this post from, so you know how to find it) if you'd like the UK & Ireland team to have a look into what's happened here for you.

Guide on how to send a Private/Direct Message here if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

Ant

0 Likes
Members_OBTX6Ul
Explorer
Options

Hi, well the 1st time screen went black with a white light across the top, they fixed it that time then about 3 months later screen didnt go off but there was a white / coloured line all down left hand side. Thats how i sent it off , heres how i got it back.

20230218_132301.jpg

20230218_132241.jpg

20230218_131917.jpg

0 Likes