Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Fold 5 battery life

(Topic created on: 08-08-2023 05:19 PM)
Rob99
Voyager
Options
OK, so had the Fold 5 day 5 today. I've got power saving enabled and 'light' performance mode, and battery protection is set to 85%. I'm getting about 11 hours after a full charge. Is this normal? I know the battery life may improve over time, but at the moment, I'm pretty underwhelmed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
Charging to 100% is not that much of a big deal as far as long term battery life is concerned @Rob99. Letting it drop to 0% and dying is more damaging long term however; and I really would avoid letting it ever drop below 15% to be honest.

View solution in context

24 REPLIES 24
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Depends how much your on it in them 11 hours. Remember it had a massive screen and a tiny battery. I reckon best you will get out of that is 5 hours screen time
keith30
Mastermind
Options
It's always best to charge it to 100% and it depends on how much you have on screen time, yes if your a light user then it will last longer.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I'm not really sure how good battery protection is really.
Your limiting your usage.
Seems a shame to use battery saving when you have all those features and power in your hand.
The Z Flip 5 I was using a couple of weeks ago.
I was fairly heavy with the photos and using the phone.
The battery lasted me a day.
Might be worth checking what you have installed and going into app settings. Things like Facebook, Instagram etc
These use background processing and constantly checking for notifications
Limiting their use a bit can help
Curtis123
Explorer
Options
I've just swapped from the s23 ultra and the battery it no where near as good as that phone.
Rob99
Voyager
Options
I've got it on power saving which h is supposed to turn background refresh off. If I do charge it to 100% I obviously get more, but I thought it was bad for the battery?
0 Likes
Rob99
Voyager
Options
I agree, my s23 ultra got over a day easily
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
The S23 Ultra has a much larger battery at 5000 mAh and 3700 mAh for the Z Flip 5
So the S23 Ultra will be significantly better
Curtis123
Explorer
Options
They defo are gonna put a 5000 battery in a future 1 , also they put the pen in it.
Curtis123
Explorer
Options
@Glenntech This phone has a 4400 😉