Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issue with the Samsung trade in program. Fold 2

(Topic created on: 21-07-2022 08:25 PM)
varunfold22022
First Poster
Options
Hi ,

I am writing this as I trade in my Samsung fold 2 with Fold 3 this summer. As they were giving an excellent deal on the trade in Price and plus 20 percent discount. If I buy 2 Samsung products, which I did.

Only to realise I am getting email back from them that my device is faulty .
Hinge do not open properly . And asking me to pay 150 pounds.

About my fold 2 it's just 1 year old , always used with care , the only reason to trade in was the discount I was getting .

They are not even able to explain what the problem is just says the hinge is faulty .

I spoke to the customer care they they assured me they have emailed the trade in team , that the charges will be waived off , but I am constantly being chased by the trade in team .

I am not sure what to do next 

Thanks 
Varun 

I can't even see the fault , else I would have got it looked .. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
You could ring them and see if there are any notes on your account stating you won't be charged £150 if there is great if there are no notes in your account whoever you chatted to will have done nothing.

Or

Just wait and see what happens, when you get your new phone if they still want the £150 you will get a message from Samsung saying pay up or your new phone will be blocked.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @varunfold22022 

I would suggest to email them yourself via...

samsung@tradeinresponse.co.uk
Help@tradeinresponse.co.uk

Either they'll insist on the £150 or you can ask for the phone back and then decide whether to pay the surcharge or send the Fold³ back.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes