Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficult to expand notification in pull down panel after last update

(Topic created on: 17-01-2022 06:40 AM)
Goldfish42
Apprentice
Options

I keep trying to expand notifications from apps such as Gmail to preview things that i want to keep the notification for to get to later and it opens the apps bc the area to expand the notification is so small after the last software update (4)

30 REPLIES 30
AndrewL
Options

@Goldfish42: Which notification type are you having issues with? Is it a floating notification option via Settings > Notifications > Advanced Settings > Floating Notifications > Bubbles or Smart Pop-up View? Are you able to provide a screenshot to give me a better understanding of the issue? 

0 Likes
Goldfish42
Apprentice
Options

Here is a screen shot there used to be a space horizontally aligned with the down arrow but it is either gone or much smaller now so im hoping there is some way to revert that change its making my notifications very difficult to manage https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GFD0FYlPjYylREpqlyrJBDSZeM8UB7s9/view?usp=drivesdk 

BRODZ2071
Journeyman
Options

Having issues with screen touch sensitivity since new update, I have to tap harder or continuously after update. very frustrating.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@BRODZ2071

Please try this. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may also need   to insert your earphones and or hook up to a laptop. No need to launch anything, just turn it on. 

@Goldfish42

Can you upload a screenshot that's not in Google Drive so I can view what your experiencing please. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
YawningLyon
Journeyman
Options

I don't think the guy's description could be any clearer. It doesn't need a screenshot.

When you pull down the notification drawer, each notification row has an arrow in the upper right corner. Tapping the arrow expands the notification preview to show more details.

In the new update, the arrow is too small and around 50% of the time trying to tap it results in tapping the notification itself, which opens the app.

Behaviour in Android 11 was flawless. 12 is useless. Samsung need to revert this UI change.

Jonobc
First Poster
Options
Have there been any further comms on this issue? Its something that we all use on daily basis and is very frustrating. Just a poor design that needs to be changed back.
Goldfish42
Apprentice
Options

As of now i just pull down with 2 fingers but that requires me to use both hands which isnt hard but just seems unnecessary since the old ui was so easy to use

YawningLyon
Journeyman
Options

Bump.

This needs resolved.

Samsung? Bueller? Care to respond?

Aaronz0r
First Poster
Options

Bump. This still not addressed? 

Classic example of "Don't fix what ain't broke" 

We don't all have a stylus pen.