Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked phone screen

(Topic created on: 09-03-2022 01:26 PM)
maroe
First Poster
Options

Very disappointed today with Samsung customer services, phoned to enquire about z flip which has cracked in the fold point. Told today I need pay £99 if my phone within a year of purchase to get it fixed,not sure what happens if it is not.

I have a year at least on this contract.
Advised its the way its opened and closed which has caused it break not the samsungs fault, not sure how your supposed to open and shut,silly me thought that was the point of a flip phone.
10 REPLIES 10
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Crazy of Samsung to blame you. It's a design flaw and there's no specific way to open and close a folded phone without causing fatigue on the folded area of the screen
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you get to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre who can take a look @maroe 

Samsung also offer a doorstep repair service.

See https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/cracked-screen-on-samsung-z-flip is a similar thread. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
von1022
First Poster
Options

just got my new fold z 3 and it has a crack screen and i never droped it or mishandle but my room is cold  and i have been reading a lot to where cold temperature  might be affect the hinge good thing i am still in buyers remorse period hopefully samsung will do something about this 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The temperature of your room would have to be really cold to affect the phone's screen @von1022 

Please do contact the source that originally supplied the phone ASAP to advise them the phone is damaged.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AntS
Options

Cheers BandOfBrothers!

@von1022 , Officially, the device can be used in locations with an ambient temperature of 0℃ to 35℃; and stored at an ambient temperature range of -10℃ to 50℃. 

Are you based in the UK/Ireland? Have you been in touch with your retailer or Samsung Support where you are?

0 Likes
BarikUK
Helping Hand
Options

AntS

Can you explain this please? Those. if in England it will be -3'C I need to stay at home or leave my phone at home and not use ???

| Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro |
WiseOne
Journeyman
Options

It is a manufacturer defect, same exact thing is occurring to many others on a new concept folding glass screen.  At this rate Samsung will be selling them for $99 soon or they will be hit with a large class action lawsuit.  Sad.

0 Likes
planetmike
Explorer
Options

This is a manufacturing defect and these phones should be recalled. Here is a photo of my Z-Flip. As you can see there are two small cracks, about 4mm each. My guess is these will migrate and expand across the hinge with time. Speaking with Samsung Support and their affiliated local shops in the States, these screens are color specific (since they replace the back shell when replacing the front screen) and the black ones are on back-order. Generally speaking, the customer service is awful. Rather than a one-stop-shop concept where Samsung would coordinate the entire repair for you, here they want you to call each shop individually. This can only enrage their customers further!!!....

20220307_072942.jpg

0 Likes
inwe85
Explorer
Options

I will be all in for a class action. Samsung seems to be deliberately telling Telcos and Cust Service world wide to deny any warranty for cracks at the fold and blaming the customers instead. CROOKS! I can't wait to see their business reputation go down the drain and all their future phones getting outdone by other phone companies. Boycott!