Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The keyboard sucks.

(Topic created on: 11-02-2024 11:06 PM)
Rob_1938480
Explorer
Options
After upgrading from an old S10 using SwiftKey keyboard, to an S24 Ultra I stuck with the native keyboard, mostly for the ai features that was used to sell the phone.

But the keyboard simply sucks. It barely remembers words or word sequences. The auto replace only works on some text boxes, but most of the time it just leaves very clearly misspelled words. When auto replace does work it often picks strange words.

Going from SwiftKey to Samsung I very noticeably spend more time managing the corrections. 

What are other people's experience with the Samsung keyboard?
33 REPLIES 33
Jazzmaniac
Student
Options

Everyone is entitled to like what they like. I can't stand the Samsung keyboard. Was always very happy with Gboard on my S20 Note. Now that I have very recently upgraded to the S24 Ultra - the Samsung Keyboard keeps overriding my default choice of Gboard (and Swiftkey as well) and the Samsung Keyboard keeps reappearing as my default. How can I fix this totally annoying problem or better yet - how do I delete the Samsung Keyboard. I searched online, many others report same problem, but no solutions. Yes, I tried deleting the Samsung Keyboard cache, but no help.

Loxworth
Apprentice
Options

Huh, interesting. I wonder what the Gboard does better than SwiftKey or if that's just what you happened to get used to.

The issue with Samsung's Keyboard repeatedly appearing as default, definitely sounds like a bug, which means there's a chance it'll be included in the upcoming update that is rolling out starting this Thursday, February 22nd.

Loxworth
Apprentice
Options

Also, you mentioned that you tried deleting the Samsung Keyboard cache, but did you also try wiping your phone's cache partition? This involves turning off your phone and going into the recovery mode screen. Many have reported that this has fixed a lot of other settings that the phone doesn't seem to use even though they've been set that way by users.

0 Likes
Jreg17
First Poster
Options

I've had t his poo hone for 2 weeks. I left that typo in there without correcting it to make my point. It takes me 10 times longer to write a text than it EVER has, even when we had the flip phones!!

Roland NK2U
Navigator
Options

I use the Microsoft Swift key beta version I have to say that hands down the Microsoft Swiftkey beta version is much much much more accurate than the Samsung. When I speak into the telephone it puts down exactly what I say. There's no gibberish that's being written. Needless to say I'm a big fan of the Microsoft Swiftkey beta version!

0 Likes
Roland NK2U
Navigator
Options

You could try the Google keyboard also it's pretty ***** good. I prefer the Microsoft.

0 Likes
Roland NK2U
Navigator
Options

I had so much trouble with the Samsung keyboard. I said something it would write some kind of gibberish that I didn't even say. I'll never use it again. Google G Board or the Microsoft Swiftkey is the way to go.

0 Likes
Roland NK2U
Navigator
Options

What features are you missing? I use the Microsoft Swift key beta version and it does everything I want it to do. Not only that but it's super accurate. Can't beat that with a stick.

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I've had my S24 Ultra for over a month or so.  I used the Samsung keyboard very briefly and went back to my SwiftKey keyboard.  I don't mind if I'm missing the AI feature.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

What features am I missing using the SwiftKey keyboard? 

I believe there was an AI feature linked to the Samsung keyboard.  

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case