Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The keyboard sucks.

(Topic created on: 11-02-2024 11:06 PM)
Rob_1938480
Explorer
Options
After upgrading from an old S10 using SwiftKey keyboard, to an S24 Ultra I stuck with the native keyboard, mostly for the ai features that was used to sell the phone.

But the keyboard simply sucks. It barely remembers words or word sequences. The auto replace only works on some text boxes, but most of the time it just leaves very clearly misspelled words. When auto replace does work it often picks strange words.

Going from SwiftKey to Samsung I very noticeably spend more time managing the corrections. 

What are other people's experience with the Samsung keyboard?
33 REPLIES 33
Roland NK2U
Navigator
Options

I believe my English to be quite good.  Do I need AI to write letters, messages and documents?  I think not.

0 Likes
martinj79
Explorer
Options
2/3 firmware updates, at least 2 Samsung keyboard app updates and it still doesn't auto-correct or capitalise a single 'i' to 'I'

Back to Gboard again...
0 Likes
Roland NK2U
Navigator
Options

You could try the Mircrosoft Keyboard too.  I use it and it's very accurate. 

0 Likes
Brighty
First Poster
Options

I've been using Swipe gestures since they were introduced on Android. I've never been as frustrated as with the Samsung keyboard on my S24 Ultra. The swipe just wouldn't work. Every third word would be misspelt. I tried reaching to support but they asked me to remove my screen protector. Finally installed Gboard and it's infinitely better. But, I really wanted to use the Samsung keyboard due to the be features. I hope Samsung fixes this issue soon. 

0 Likes