Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 02-02-2024 07:52 PM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,874 REPLIES 1,874
Damian667
Navigator
Options

HTC was my brand of hoice from a first smartphone they sell ever, I was with them till U11 when I bought my first Samsung Note8!  From this time Im with Samsung. But I will give so much to have new real flagship from HTC, they been always few steps above competition. High Tech Company!

0 Likes
Roberto90pe
Pioneer
Options

good job! this is for color profiles, what about grain? I've seen photos on the internet where the green pixels are not all lit the same way! some brighter, some duller.

0 Likes
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

HTC desire is the worst phone I ever had. After 2 years almost everything was broken. 

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
I found another YouTube video that might be helpful for some.

https://youtu.be/wBzstHL3wG0?si=tW6Vd1-IMfKVM9bl
0 Likes
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

Everyone keep bringing up one chat saying they are working on it.

It's now confirmed they are not working on it and it will not be fixed. 

So either return it or live with it. This is what it is. Maybe they will fine tune it a bit but it will never be like the S23. 

mayaneire
Explorer
Options

signal-2024-02-02-22-03-50-100.jpg

😛

SciGhost
Explorer
Options

Is it not related to the color gamut used?

If I view HDR videos and photos, the screen is absolutely phenomenal. But in the main interface and icons, it seems washed out, almost like an SDR gamut mapping issue or incorrect gamma value.

Shutupzac96
Explorer
Options
The S24 and S24+ didn't get the anti reflective coating, but they're washed out too
Shutupzac96
Explorer
Options
Yeah mine too. I absolutely hate it
0 Likes