Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 24-01-2024 02:16 PM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,874 REPLIES 1,874
Bedr0ss
Pathfinder
Options

Great work, definitely software then

aQuasar
First Poster
Options

The fact remains that the consumer no longer has a choice:

- old selection Vivid as in Samsung Galaxy S23 and before
- current selection

As previously indicated, my device has already been returned. I still hope that Samsung issues a clear press release about their new policy. There are alternatives that I don't want to think about yet: Apple with their wide notch at the top... so 2018.. pfffff no!).

Ultrakameha
Pathfinder
Options

Man if they do that same bs with the z fold 6 screen...huge letdown

0 Likes
Timothycodes
Navigator
Options

This is great!   To achieve the same brightness the reds will have to work harder when the greens are off.  In theory software should be able to turn off those greens.  

0 Likes
Damian667
Navigator
Options

I was using 3 folds zf2,zf3,zf4. two of them unfortunately finished with dead, brokeninner  screens! Fold2 after 8 months and fold4 after 4 months, fold 4 was repaired by samsung and after another 3 months screen and hinge dies again when I was on my holidays in Asia and I never drop it or hit with anything. I will never buy this type of phone, I changed my mind 180". Year ago I was fold knight now IM fold enemy.

0 Likes
Ultrakameha
Pathfinder
Options

Yeah the screen broke on my Fold 4 3 times in like 8 months at work. So I ended up buying a s23 ultra and not once has screen cracked in the year I've had it.  My z fold 4 sits at home waiting to be traded in for credit lol. Screen is so freaking fragile 1st day I had it screen kept sticking 

DronePro
Pioneer
Options

They Effed up and they're not looking to admit it because honestly, I do not Believe this can be fixed with simply software. I think most of the issues can, but some smalls one will cost them Many returns. I know I sent mine back. I'm more thank happy with my S23U. I can wait for One UI 6.1 with all the fancy features. 

0 Likes
DronePro
Pioneer
Options

I have posted communication from the. Acknowledging the issue. Regardless, I sent mine back. I am simply not willing to Pay and be a beta tester. Looking forward to S25U. The phone that works. 

DronePro
Pioneer
Options

Bring back HTC. They used to make amazing phones. Too bad for their horrible advertising.

Timothycodes
Navigator
Options

I think Samsung doesn't want to fix it, their position is to have a more natural color.  You can see the progression on the s21u to s23u and then s24u.      

If they wanted to they can turn off the green pixels when displaying those reds through a firmware.  That's why it's fixable but only if they want to do that.  

0 Likes