Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 28-01-2024 04:54 PM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,874 REPLIES 1,874
Wyll Ravengard
Journeyman
Options

There has been no official communications. Only screenshots of customer support chats. Some people are acting like an outsourced customer support rep is the final word on the issue. Who knows, maybe that one individual has a connection to the development team that no other representative has. For that one image saying a fix is coming, dozens more have spoken with a Samsung rep and have been told nothing else but to return their phones.

I encourage everyone to respectfully submit an error report in the Samsung Members app about the issue until it is officially addressed.

Madmaus
Navigator
Options

My girlfriend has an S24 an I have an S24 ultra. 

When I do an compare next to each other on the natural and vivid setting I can see the normal s24 screen is reaction on the sliders and settings where as the S24 ultra isn't or almost not noticeable. 

I thought it was a software bug but this make me think it's the actual screen that just isn't good. 

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey, so I had the S9+ before and when I got the S21 Ultra, it took some time to get used to the screen. Samsung seems to be toning down the saturation and contrast because people were complaining.

By the way, the Vivid and Natural selection options are definitely bugged. They don't seem to do anything.

One thing I noticed is that if you have Eye Comfort turned on, make sure to turn off Enhanced Comfort under it. That setting makes the screen really dull and takes away all the contrast.

gambiting
Navigator
Options
So this is an actual tech analysis of what's happening, basically all signs point to this being a firmware issue and hopefully it will be fixed very soon:

https://youtu.be/rSkhC4AGhxg?si=uVSL8KJbSg5XDz3O
0 Likes
Stefan__M
Voyager
Options

Just watch this video on youtube, you ll see that the screen is more than capable of rich and vivid colors:

https://youtu.be/7PIji8OubXU?si=rcHe3Hn0fdtL2I9s

0 Likes
Ultrakameha
Pathfinder
Options

I watched the video on both phones and s23 ultra is clearing the s24 lol

Timothycodes
Navigator
Options

I literally played it side by side at the same time at the same spot.   To me the reds are less red on the s24 ultra.   But notice the reflection and the blacks they are better on the s24 ultra. 

0 Likes
Stefan__M
Voyager
Options

Yeah.. slightly less red.. but there is not a big difference in HDR mode.. it s the rest of the UI that is bugged, sadly.. 

My point was not to say it's not an issue, cause it sure is for me and so so many people.. my point is that, with the correct firmware,  i think the screen is more than capable!

0 Likes
gambiting
Navigator
Options
That's actually pretty good that multiple people seem to be getting the same answer from Samsung - fingers crossed!
0 Likes
RPB100
Voyager
Options
It is a problem. Thousands globally have reported the same issue - still no official recognition of it.
0 Likes