Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra Battery drain?

(Topic created on: 30-03-2024 08:55 PM)
AT17TA
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

At the beginning of March I upgraded from a iPhone 12 Pro Max with 87% battery health to a S24 Ultra.

I really like the phone however the battery really isn't meeting my expectations. I am struggling to get over 4hrs SOT (Screen On Time) without going below 20% charge level

1000000570.jpg

At first I was told this is normal for Samsung devices as they are learning my usage pattern but I have had the device over 2 weeks and the battery life has not improved at all.

Coming from an iPhone with 87% battery health to the flagship S24 Ultra I certainly wasn't expecting battery life issues. I am utterly disappointed. What is even more frustrating is that I have made many additional changes to my settings to optimise the battery life (None of which was necessary on my iPhone) including:

Disabling 5G

Dark Mode

30 seconds screen lock time

Lite performance profile

Putting over 90% off my apps into deep sleep 

Adaptive screen brightness 

Wipe Cache partition 

Latest updates 

And many more I haven't included 

I understand there are further improvements I could make like turning off 120hz refresh rate and always on display but why should I have to do this on Samsung's flagship device.

I see many people claiming over 9hours SOT with still over 20 battery left!

What am I doing wrong?? 

Many thanks for any suggestions 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Screen on time is so subjective and a poor way of measuring battery life.
I don't use any battery saving options. In fact I have all the performance features on. I'm still getting upto two days battery life which I think is not bad
Screen on time is totally dependent on what is downloaded on the phone and what type of thing you are doing.
Don't forget that the Samsung phone has a lot more features etc than the iPhone

I'm also using the iPhone 15 Pro Max, and both phones are more or less at the same battery level at the end of the day
Currently my iPhone is on 70% and S24 Ultra on 77%. And I use the S24 Ultra a lot more

Some apps like Facebook, TikTok and Instagram run in the background using battery. So will have an affect
AT17TA
First Poster
Options
You raise some fair points.

I have to admit to not monitoring my battery usage on my iPhone. I do use social media (Facebook/Instagram) infrequently, hence having put the apps into deep sleep.

I certainly wouldn't consider my self a heavy user (No gaming or streaming)

The fact is I have 20% battery left now and I haven't used the S24 Ultra excessively.

I can only dream of finishing the day with over 70% battery
0 Likes