Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra washed out colours

(Topic created on: 24-01-2024 02:16 PM)
popmaster109
Pioneer
Options
Hello,, I've just received my S24 Ultra and compared to my S21 Ultra the colours on the S24 Ultra are washed out and not as Saturated?, I've adjusted all the display settings and still cannot get the colours to match the older S21 Ultra, I've contact samsung uk customer service they went through Smart Tutor and couldn't find anything amiss has anyone else found this to be the same on their S24 ultra? I'm not sure if Samsung UK are aware of this issue? And whether a software update will solve it?, I suspect it's the new Gorilla glass amour glass which is anti-reflective which is great but not at the expense of colour, I'm seriously considering returning the S24 ultra and keeping my S21 Ultra 
1,874 REPLIES 1,874
Stefan__M
Voyager
Options

Screenshot_20240128_201854_YouTube.jpg

So Samsung, give us what you advertised!

Timothycodes
Navigator
Options

I hope the test was conducted with the new anti reflection. I do like it, and watching you tube shorts doesn't give reflection like those curves edges. 

0 Likes
Hartie
Student
Options

I have also the same feeling I just got my s24ultra yesterday and seems like it's display is grainy and not vivid as my s23ultra. Is this display defects or software only?

Members_75k6FMZ
Navigator
Options

That is joyful but I'm not that confident. Tick tock goes the clock.

AlX_S24Plus
Navigator
Options

Exactly. Customer service reps will make up lies to get people off of their backs. I've had Amazon reps lie to me, repeatedly, then joke that it always happens - when having an issue with a delivery. They'll say "it'll arrive tomorrow," just to seem helpful and to get rid of me. Tomorrow comes, and no package. Samsung better deliver, or back the S24 goes. Xioami looks mighty appealing right now, with a $850 comparable "Ultra" phone 

0 Likes
AlX_S24Plus
Navigator
Options

The chat rep I'm talking to now is useless and pretending not to know what I'm talking about Screenshot_20240128_145629_Messages.jpg

AlX_S24Plus
Navigator
Options

Idk who is being told that they're aware of the issue, and that a solution is coming in 3 days, but I'm getting clueless people who take forever to reply - while ignoring what I write, asking me repetitive what questions... So far, so useless Screenshot_20240128_150746_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
AlX_S24Plus
Navigator
Options

Yeah, whoever said that they know the issue, and have an update coming on the 31st, is either being lied to or is a liar. Two chat reps have no clue what I'm talking to and no solutions or suggestions - while taking over 10 minutes to reply, at some points. Garbage company now Screenshot_20240128_151303_Messages.jpg

AlX_S24Plus
Navigator
Options

No apologies, no solutions, and no clue what I'm writing. Please, keep in mind I've mentioned I have an S21 Ultra, at least a couple of times, and provided an order number - at least twice. The rep makes no attempt to resolve the issue, starts spewing specs advertised, and tells me I can get an S10 back?! I haven't had an S10 in over half a decade and that screen is also better - from a color clarity / quality standpoint. Samsung sucks... Sorry, not sorry. This is my last Samsung phone purchase Screenshot_20240128_151828_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
AlX_S24Plus
Navigator
Options

Samsung rep is now claiming NO ONE is complaining about the screen quality. Liars and scammersScreenshot_20240128_152400_Messages.jpg