Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Battery Protection

(Topic created on: 01-02-2024 09:09 AM)
TedAgain
Student
Options

I have turned on Battery Protection on my S24 and set it to Adaptive. When I go to bed I plug my phone into charge but it seems to charge directly to 100% and stay at 100% all night. I have tried changing it to basic also but that also charges to 100% and stays at 100%.

I thought Adaptive battery protection was supposed to charge to 80% and then switch to Basic battery protection just before you wake up 

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
luke19831
Navigator
Options
Here 1706793484357.jpg
0 Likes
TedAgain
Student
Options

@luke19831 With Adaptive or Maximum protection set it is charging straight to 100%. I know what it says but that's not how it's working for me. 

0 Likes
luke19831
Navigator
Options
Not sure then but I have mine on maximum and it's never gone past 80% for me. Definitely a bug in 6.1. Hopefully samsung fix a lot of these issues in the next few months. A lot of work to be done.
0 Likes
JerryS
Voyager
Options
I wonder if the problem could be the phone has not completed the estimation of your sleep time from usage patterns?
0 Likes
TedAgain
Student
Options

@JerryS  I have tried basic protection too and when the phone charges to 100% it stays at 100% instead of waiting until it falls to 95% before charging again.

Adaptive charging is also supposed to use basic charging when it gets to 100%

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It was changed a while ago so that protect battery would limit you to 85% but the system would show 100%. If you charge to 100% with protect battery on, then disable it and reboot your device, you will see the battery level at 85%.
0 Likes
TedAgain
Student
Options

@Joeeye Have you got any references to this change. This does not sound right. If your phone is not reading the correct battery level it is very misleading and the phone should explain this. I don't think this is how it is supposed to work 

0 Likes
Members_m7r4A3f
First Poster
Options

Was the OP question / issue ever resolved. I have the same issue on S24U.  I want to protect the battery with maximum protection (80%) overnight, but it charges straight to 100%.  

0 Likes
TedAgain
Student
Options

No I unfortunately the issue hasn't been resolved yet. I have sent error logs to Samsung. Hopefully they will be able to come back with a solution 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That was a wise move, @TedAgain. Submitting the Error report allows the developers to see if there's a general issue and it facilitates the rollout of improvements/refinements via future software updates - if an issue is identified.

Otherwise, it allows the developers to see if there is a correlation between people who are experiencing this issue (e.g. the type of power adapter being used or a certain setting being activated, perhaps).

For anyone who needs to know how to submit an Error report, the steps are provided in the below guide:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/