Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Battery Protection

(Topic created on: 01-02-2024 09:09 AM)
TedAgain
Student
Options

I have turned on Battery Protection on my S24 and set it to Adaptive. When I go to bed I plug my phone into charge but it seems to charge directly to 100% and stay at 100% all night. I have tried changing it to basic also but that also charges to 100% and stays at 100%.

I thought Adaptive battery protection was supposed to charge to 80% and then switch to Basic battery protection just before you wake up 

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @TedAgain 

Yes Battery protection should only allow the battery to charge to 85%

Try toggling it off and on. 

Also try Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/samsunggalaxy/comments/1afk7zd/s24_ultra_battery_protection/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
TedAgain
Student
Options

Thanks for the reply @BandOfBrothers. I have tried toggling it on and off and restarting the phone but that has not seemed to work. 

0 Likes
CarlG
Journeyman
Options
My Samsung 22 ultra phone battery goes down quick
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'd suggest to send this feedback via your Samsung Members App too.

Maybe an owner of the phone will chime in. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@CarlG check what's happening in your Device Care Section under Battery. 

CarlG
Journeyman
Options
Nice one bro I got samsung s22 ultra I got that battery percent protection on but will do thank you
TedAgain
Student
Options

@BandOfBrothers Thanks I will send the feedback through the Samsung Members App

0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Same on mine too (S24U). I have mine set to adaptive, which should charge it up to 80% and only to 100% in time for when I wake up. But if it can't, it says it reverts to Basic, which should charge all the way to 100% but only charge it again when it dips below 95%. On the battery graph it just shows it reach 100% and stays at 100%, but not sure if it would drop anyway when I'm not using it or if it just keeps it topped up (which it should not).
0 Likes
luke19831
Navigator
Options
I'll think you will find that if you set it to maximum then it will only charge to 80% it clearly states that on the information its not rocket science and it always charges to 80% on maximum protection.
0 Likes