Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning S24 Ultra due to display color issues

(Topic created on: 01-02-2024 01:28 PM)
Members_He6BcFe
Journeyman
Options

The most discussed and frustrated part on S24 Ultra is that display colors seems to be dull. The lack of vibrant colors is clearly visible, even when compared with my S21 Ultra. Even many people said that there S10+ display colors looks much better than S24 Ultra. 
Some have suggested few solutions that improved it a bit, but for most of us those solutions didn't work or not improved it to a level where it's noticed. 
Initially Samsung team acknowledged that they are looking into it and a software update might fix it. But now, they have changed their stance and saying that users have to use various display options available in the settings to adjust the colors to their liking. Here's the link to that reply (solution as per Samsung) - https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S24/S24-colors-washed-out-and-AOD-missing-options/m-p/279...

Being a Samsung ecosystem owner (Buds 2 Pro, Watch 5, S21 Ultra), this is not acceptable to me, and I'm sure it won't be acceptable to many others. I am returning my S24 Ultra. This is the only way to let Samsung listen to this issue and resolve it in an acceptable way. We can only make them listen via our wallets.

48 REPLIES 48
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_He6BcFe 

Is it the app icons that's mainly affected?

Here is a well put together thread from @GoanGeek 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s24-series/adaptive-colour-tone-feature-the-s24-series-wa... 

You of course must make your own decon this 👍 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Hudz
Voyager
Options
Hey, honestly, it's not much of an issue after a while. I usually use the S23 Ultra on Natural, so putting the S24 Ultra on Vivid evens it out for me personally.
Members_He6BcFe
Journeyman
Options

As per there latest message, this is expected behaviour of the new screen. You can refer to the link I posted in my original post. They are not entertaining the issue and changed the details of the message and asking us to look into display settings of the phone.

0 Likes
luke19831
Navigator
Options
Why would you return it when samsung are bringing out a patch soon to rectify the issue. It's not an issue for me. I prefer the functionality of this phone rather than a few minor screen issues. Get a grip.
AliyanBaig
Journeyman
Options

cause samsung isn't confirming it will be fixed half of the support is saying wait for an update other half is stating nothing wrong with it and that's how it is now. Terrible communication from samsung and they can't even officially admit anything going to be fixed. Yes the phone is great but I came from a s21ultra and vivid mode was great... now I feel I just downgraded because of the screen I mean it's the first thing you see when you unlock the phone

Members_He6BcFe
Journeyman
Options

I was also expecting that they are bringing a patch or software update, but looks like they are not doing it now. I already posted the link which Samsung has marked as solution and they are asking users to change display settings. Here's the link - https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S24/S24-colors-washed-out-and-AOD-missing-options/m-p/279...

Members_He6BcFe
Journeyman
Options

Sammobile didn't posted any official communication from Samsung. Everybody is just anticipating that they will provide a fix. Till yesterday, they said that there team is looking into it, but now they changed the description and saying users should play around of display settings - https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S24/S24-colors-washed-out-and-AOD-missing-options/m-p/279...

bjnm
Navigator
Options
That's a bad option David if you've used it and transferred data as Samsung will deduct a chunk of change from the hefty wedge you've just parted with 👎
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Personally as someone who uses vivid mode on all Samsung devices, the reduced colour saturation is actually quite nice for a change. I'm finding far more improvements to the display than just a colour shift tbh. But everyone is free to make their decisions and if the reduced colour saturation in the system and non hdr content is a big issue, you should consider a full refund.