Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning S24 Ultra due to display color issues

(Topic created on: 01-02-2024 12:32 PM)
Members_He6BcFe
Journeyman
Options

The most discussed and frustrated part on S24 Ultra is that display colors seems to be dull. The lack of vibrant colors is clearly visible, even when compared with my S21 Ultra. Even many people said that there S10+ display colors looks much better than S24 Ultra. 
Some have suggested few solutions that improved it a bit, but for most of us those solutions didn't work or not improved it to a level where it's noticed. 
Initially Samsung team acknowledged that they are looking into it and a software update might fix it. But now, they have changed their stance and saying that users have to use various display options available in the settings to adjust the colors to their liking. Here's the link to that reply (solution as per Samsung) - https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S24/S24-colors-washed-out-and-AOD-missing-options/m-p/279...

Being a Samsung ecosystem owner (Buds 2 Pro, Watch 5, S21 Ultra), this is not acceptable to me, and I'm sure it won't be acceptable to many others. I am returning my S24 Ultra. This is the only way to let Samsung listen to this issue and resolve it in an acceptable way. We can only make them listen via our wallets.

48 REPLIES 48
Elecy
Apprentice
Options

Also returning mine.. Had it about 1 hour and just cant live with it.. also the fingerprint reader is useless if you want to use a screen protector.. which also nullifies their 'anti reflective screen', just so many bad decisions.. I gave up on samsung 10 years ago, time to give up on them for good.

uz_2024
Explorer
Options
Having not have Samsung give an official response is an absolute disgrace. They need to address this from a higher level rather than leaving it to chat support lol
0 Likes
uz_2024
Explorer
Options
I've been a Samsung customer for over 12 years now mate - I've come to the same conclusion
0 Likes
MickAndruz
First Poster
Options
I've just returned my S24 Ultra the phone looks grey in comparison to my s23 with a white background look horrible, after being told its meant to be like it !! Nonsense
StartMeUp
Journeyman
Options

I'm feeling "SAMSTUNG".

I shipped mine back on Wednesday. Got my full refund today (Tuesday). But, I feel both mad and sad at the same time.

SAMSTUNG.

It'll be a cold day in Hell before I buy another Samsung phone, and my last two phones were Samsung. The phones I bought for my kids were both Samsungs.  That's 3 Samsung phones every 3 years or so.  Nevermore.

Wahahah629
First Poster
Options

I completely agree that they should leave an option for the vivid mode. But they are definitely not covering up a hardware issue because during videos and apps, the display still appears as vivid as others(at least on mine).

0 Likes
GalaxyKing
Explorer
Options

Sadly it does not...watch something on YouTube like HDR Peru 8k...clear difference. Also I just spoke to Samsung rep and they made it sound like it is hardware...will post screenshots later

0 Likes
Notamech
Voyager
Options
I agree may not be a hardware issue but perhaps a hard to fix software issue. Who knows? Until they make an official statement there will be speculation.
0 Likes
GalaxyKing
Explorer
Options

Well and just from a pure science perspective reflective coatings and additives to clear glass refract/absorb/polarize light. Hence the antiglare feature...thus why light is being blacked from passing through the screen. Some colors more than others and when object move it is less obvious but still there we are. Antireflective yes...but at a cost

0 Likes
Notamech
Voyager
Options
So i am not sure how big a role the coating plays. But i got the s24+ for the wife and that has the same issue but no anti reflective coating so the coating may not be as big an issue as the software itself. But honestly im getting used to it now. Its only when i look at my s22U that i really see a noticeable difference. But would still love a fix I still prefer the punchy colours on my s22u but have to send that back as a trade in soon 😳
0 Likes