Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 ultra always on display issues

(Topic created on: 14-03-2024 09:26 AM)
Luchius
Journeyman
Options
I like using always on display at all times except when it is in pocket or face down,to save little bit battery. I'm glad Samsung decided to add the auto option, the problem is it doesn't work very well, sometimes the aod turning off even in slightly dim environments. Also the brightness of aod can no longer be adjusted and nowadays is very dim,making it hard to see. Before there was an option to disable automatic brightness.
Anyone else facing this issue?
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The goodlock app maybe of some help here @Luchius 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Luchius
Journeyman
Options
The good lock app only changes aod colours and fonts and adds widgets. Nothing about brightness and inaccurate detection of ambient lighting
0 Likes
Yas87
First Poster
Options
No luck at all. I contact the developers in regards to the same issue, they will only give you the run around and finally will tell you its auto adjusts depending on your screen brightness. So yeah, safe to say I've been very disappointed with this models AOD
0 Likes
Luchius
Journeyman
Options
That's disappointing to hear, I really don't understand how someone can think that removing features is a good idea...oh well
0 Likes
Yas87
First Poster
Options
That was their response1710427069990.jpg
0 Likes
Luchius
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for providing that! At least I know not to expect any miracles in regards to this
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
I suspect it's probably down to burn in as the S24 Ultra is the brightest screen they have produced so it's a risk. Tbh I find mine is just right, it also stops excessive battery usage.
0 Likes
TheDenny
Voyager
Options
I used to keep AOD on my S10Plus but on my S24ULTRA it kills the battery very quickly so just using automatic mode.
0 Likes