Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra vs iPhone 15 pro max

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

So I know I have wrote a lot about phones recently and this isn’t a spec comparison or a bashing of either phone but after having my pro max for over an month I am very happy with it. However I do miss my s23 ultra it was the best of Samsung in my opinion and I always regret buying an s24 ultra and being screwed over and Samsung removing the s23 ultra from my life. It always will be the best phone ever made in my opinion. Moving back to the 15 pro max. It’s a great phone is smashes anything at battery life and it’s lovely to have a wide phone for typing if anything it’s just a little bit boring but nice to know it’s backed by class leading customer service. Any of you with s23 ultras cling onto them they are the best.  I’m hoping one day Samsung will spit another phone like that out again and I will gain trust in them to purchase again. I’m sure I would have enjoyed my s24 ultra but for me the s23 series in general always wears the crown. My wife’s s23 is solid as well. Wouldn’t touch a base s24 due to the not fit for purpose chip. 

13 REPLIES 13
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Appreciate your input.

Shame having seen your post that you have the s9 tab ultra it would have been Awesome for you to have the s24 ultra as well.

The things you are missing out.
_Lee_
Explorer
Options
I thought the s24u used a snapdragon? What's the downgrade? I have a s23u and love it, only had it a week. Your post makes me wonder why you think the 24 is worse?
0 Likes
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
What problems did you have with your S24 Ultra if you don't mind me asking @AshtabS9Ultra?.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

I know it is a bummer but the way it is I suppose. Getting an iPad Pro though so at least that will match the phone. Still love the tab though can’t beat the water resistance and that giant screen

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

No the s24 ultra does have snap dragon but the rest don’t I’m on about the series in general. I don’t think the s23 ultra is better than s24 ultra just for me I think s23 ultra is the best of Samsung. S24 ultra is a very good phone although only downgrade is 5x camera instead of 10x 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Don’t mind you asking at all, basically it came and was thrilled to bits until it got dark then a discovered  dead pixel, was all up for an exchange but Samsung said 14 days which was already taking the mick but I said yea fine it then turned into April (this was in January) so I just cancelled it. It was just a really rough time to be honest and they way Samsung dealt with it is why I’m on the dark and boring side now 😒

Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
You were unlucky @AshtabS9Ultra, and your change of direction is understandable. I predict that the S25 Ultra will up the thrill stakes come it's introduction next January, so maybe you could consider a return to the more exciting side then?. I hope your IPhone serves you well until such a time. Good luck to you regardless.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Thank you, I will still be floating about on here despite me having the use the iPhone for members as it doesn’t work on the tab 😂 I am very happy with my pro max and it will serve and last me as long as I need it. S25 ultra is a possibility I would have to see how I feel in 7 months. 17 pro max should also be exciting as well. We shall see though I will post updates every so often. 👍

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I currently use the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra,  Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra and the Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra @AshtabS9Ultra  

For me, the flat screen on the Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra hits the sweet spot as it takes me back to the Note Series which I loved. 

I've had no major negative experiences with all three phones. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "