Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra 5GHz Wifi not working

(Topic created on: 08-03-2023 02:24 PM)
LadyG955
Explorer
Options

The wifi issue is not just Wifi 6 its also affecting 5Ghz Wifi. I am having issues with 5Ghz wifi. I have two 5Ghz wifi in my home, it will connect to one, but the other one says "Connected without internet" and all the other devices in my home can use that one just fine its a problem only with my S23 Ultra. This even happens when I am not at home and trying to connect to other 5Ghz. Sometimes it will connect well, and other times it says it is connected without internet.  I am afraid to exchange my phone, as the screen is fine, I'm scared if I exchange it I'll end up getting one that has a screen issue. Is it likely this issue can be fixed with a software update? I had no idea my phone was not connected to the wifi and I've totally blown my data cap this month and being charged extra by my carrier as I do not have an unlimited data plan, I've never needed unlimited before this and never blown over my data cap before this phone. I have contacted Samsung support, they told me to take my phone to a service center which I feel will be a waste of time, as this is likely a software developer issue that a local service center has no ability to fix. Has anyone taken their phone to a service center and gotten this resolved? The nearest one is 2 hours from me, I dont want to waste the time an gas going if this is not something they can fix.

39 REPLIES 39
Vetri
Voyager
Options
I had exactly the same issue but managed to fix it after forget network and then rejoin to one 5hz network and then forget all again and connected back to 2.4hz. my issues was it failed to connect to 2.4hz. hope yours get resolved soon
0 Likes
LadyG955
Explorer
Options

I want it to work on my both of my 5Ghz, if you still cannot connect to your 5Ghz then its not resolved. You just connected to a different network. Which I can do that too. I want the phone to work as it should by connecting to any wifi its supposed to be capable of working on.

0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
Agree, for me it was failing to connect altogether so I was happy it connected to one network in the end
0 Likes
LadyG955
Explorer
Options

Yes I am glad that mine connects to one of my two 5Ghz networks but it should connect to either one of them. And there are places I visit that only have one 5Ghz network and it wont connect to them so I am left with nothing.

0 Likes
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
Good luck. Had a complex wifi issue on my a33 after an update and samsung support are shocking. Months later still not fixed and like you, now way I'm taking it to a centre or sending for repair when it's clearly a software update. At least the s23 is a popular phone and sooner or later it should get patched. I just ordered a refurbed s20 and hope it's fine
0 Likes
LadyG955
Explorer
Options

At least at my home I have the option to use my second connection.

But when I am visiting other places and it wont connect to 5Ghz its a problem. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
Yeah. For me, if it connects to WiFi, when it disconnects I can't reconnect to any WiFi. Attempting to crashes the phone kind of and a restart is needed to fix and connect to any connection. It only happens at my work place though. And I do notice a lot of wifis not letting me browse websites etc. I think it's just my phone after the software update to be honest. Can't be bothered any more. Hope the new phone will be okay.
0 Likes
LadyG955
Explorer
Options

I noticed it the day I got my phone delivered. At first I thought my wifi was down, then I realized my PC was still running fine and it was on the same wifi I was trying to connect the phone to. So I tried my other 5GHz and the phone connected fine to that. Unfortunately I tried factory resetting the phone 3x first and had no idea it didnt have wifi, so it tore through a bunch of data. I am pretty sure its still randomly disconnecting from the wifi it was connecting fine to, as I continue using a lot of data, when I havent left my home or knowingly disconnected from wifi. I have a very limited data plan as Im always home and on wifi so I've never needed more than 1GB before, now its almost 4GB in 3 weeks which is insane. I've never come close to using that much before. Changing plans would cost me another 45.00 per month I dont want to have to spend.

0 Likes
LadyG955
Explorer
Options

I also noticed the other day when at my doctors office it would not connect to their 5Ghz network, but my other phone I had with me would. So its definitely not a problem with my networks its the phone.

0 Likes