Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant Gripe

(Topic created on: 29-10-2023 10:15 AM)
Coffeesurfers
Pioneer
Options
I have several "virtual assistants" in use on a daily basis, including Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant.

My main gripe with the Google Assistant is that of the dreaded "You can do that in the app" response!😡 

This is especially frustrating when you are cooking for example, and use Google Assistant to start a timer.. Half way through cooking, I would ask the assistant to "show me the timer"... 

Every assistant bar one then tells me the remaining time left, but not Google! It just states that "You can do that in the app"😡 

So you have hands covered in grease or flour or butter and having to stop, wash and dry your hands and then unlock the phone just to see how long is left on the timer is a joke!

#rantypooover 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

If you leave it unlocked while cooking? Maybe enable smart lock 

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Coffeesurfers: Are you starting the timer with a voice command? e.g. "Hey Google, set timer X minutes." The issue could be the result of Google Assistant not integrating well with the Samsung Clock app, therefore you may wish to try the Google Clock app, available from the Play Store, to see if this produces the desired results.

Coffeesurfers
Pioneer
Options
Omg had never even realised that there was a Google clock app!

And YES problem solved, thank you 👍

Your right in that Google assistant does not integrate fully with samsungs clock 🕒
0 Likes