Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after One UI 6.1 update S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 07-04-2024 03:21 PM)
czanek
First Poster
Options
I'm experiencing a huge change in battery behaviour in my S23 Ultra after the One UI 6.1 update!

It's terrible! The battery life was excellent before the update, now - the phone barely survives a day, I have to charge it up during a day, it never happened before.

This has to be related to the update. I hope Samsung will fix this ASAP as this really cripples the phone!

If the fix won't happen, and some rumors turn out to be true (Samsung trying to push users to get a new gen phone) it'll be my last Samsung phone! I've paid so much money for the highest model only to have my battery life cut almost in half by a software update one year after! Insane.
409 REPLIES 409
Danielhungary
Navigator
Options

Concerning Sammobile:

Text tips@sammobile.com so they notice, that s23 ultra is also affected.

0 Likes
Poncke
Pioneer
Options

Done

Bobson23456
Navigator
Options

Somebody else experienced improvement after May patch? On ky S23+ it's way better again ... though not sure if it's the same like before

0 Likes
AuldDub
Pioneer
Options

I have at last, a full 22 hours before I let the battery die completely.  

Fully charged at 5:30am Saturday morning before it went dead at 3am Sunday morning.   That's not bad at all. 

0 Likes
Evoizm
Journeyman
Options

I also reported but I got a silly answer, such as,, you battery saving mode, use dark wallpaper etc etc etc... That's not the solution! It was working great with one ui 6.0 and after installed 6.1 battery started draining so fast and.... Still same...... You have to fix it! Or you should release an update to go back to 6.0 officially! Like an official downgrade!!! 

AuldDub
Pioneer
Options

My battery appears  to be back to normal but those answers you got are absolutely deplorable.  

I got through the guts of 23 hours on a full charge from Sat morning to this morning so I'll  see do I get the same come Monday morning.  If I don't,  and unless an update is released to sort the problem then it's cheerio Samsung.  

0 Likes
David99999
Explorer
Options

I don't get it, 

You report directly to Samsung right? Why do we have to get more people to report the problem. You can see the number of views on this page and I'm sure there's thousands of views. If 10,000 people have viewed this site that would mean at minimum 10,000 people have the issue otherwise why would they be searching and coming to this site. 

Unless you don't actually work for Samsung and just get paid/compensated to "handle" the forum and have no meaningful contact with Samsung.

ck51
Explorer
Options

still have half the battery lige as 6.0 . and repeated warnings of a app ising excessive cpu and phone requires restart. never had that ever before in past year.seems to lag at times with touch response especially phone app I noticed 

0 Likes
Alexey2
Journeyman
Options

hello everyone. I received an update 2 days ago and I can say for sure that my battery is working as before. the phone worked for 1 day and 6 hours. There were 20 left%

Alexey2
Journeyman
Options

an important clarification. I didn't use my phone as much as I did on working days. I ran out of 5 hours of the working screen, but still, since the update to 6.1, my phone has never worked for more than one day without recharging. so the latest update is definitely working

0 Likes