Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Absolute worst customer service of all time

(Topic created on: 08-07-2023 07:26 PM)
worstcustomerservice
First Poster
Options

I spent over 2 hours trying to get assistance with my account after my phone broke.  Two-factor authentication is brain dead if your PHONE IS BROKEN. Apparently the customer service reps are all incapable of any solutions and it takes 5 minutes to respond to each and every message in their chat app. 

I would call, but the broken phone prevents that option.  Don't worry though, if you held onto your phone box from 2 years ago, maybe they'll help you then.  If not? You're SOL.  

Let's be honest, either way you're probably SOL given the pattern of bottom tier customer service I've seen from Samsung over the years.

5 REPLIES 5
PaulM1
Options

That's definitely not what I'd expect to hear, @worstcustomerservice, so I want to ensure that you get access to your phone/account as quickly as possible. I understand that you might be accessing your account via a different device.

I should note, however, that our Accounts Team is reachable only via the Helpline, so I'd highly recommend using another device (perhaps one lent to you by a friend or family member for the purposes of making the call, or even via a landline).

You've posted in the S23 Series board, so can you let me know which of our S23 Series phones that you own and can you also advise where you are based?

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hey @worstcustomerservice 

Sorry to hear your having issues with your phone. 😔 

May I ask what's happening with your phone ?

Is a Samsung Service Centre not convenient or local or maybe even a doorstep repair option ?

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JamesL0812
First Poster
Options
Especially with issues like this I know they're taking a longer while to get back. And with two factor in my experience, they are not much help as the options are limited.
0 Likes
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
Isn't this the point of 2FA? Usually you'd have a phone number as a backup, so you can use your sim in another phone and get a text.
Surely you can't blame Samsung because your device is secure?

MB
0 Likes
neveragain4
First Poster
Options

I agree completely!  My appliances have problem after problem. 

0 Likes