Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tauri S22 Ultra screen protector

(Topic created on: 25-03-2022 11:26 AM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
A number of people have recommended this screen protector on this community in various posts.
So I thought that I should see what it's about.
Thought for those wondering. I would go through the installation with you and give you my thoughts at the end.
Sorry if it's a bit long.

In the kit you actually get quite a bit. Including a non slip mat to put the phone on. Great detail, so it's a good start.

First of all, definitely watch the instructional video. Before starting.

This video link is to this screen protector. Think the website takes you to a slightly different version of this protector. 
So including this in case.
Also what I do is wash my hands, to not only clean them but also wet the skin to reduce any dead skin or dust contaminating the installation.
Definitely clean the surface around where you will be working.

So I started by putting the plastic locator into the charging port of the phone.

Next is to throughly clean the screen, including all the edges. Even on a new out of the box phone.

Throughly dry with the cloth

Now the really important bit.
Gently go round with the sticker getting any dust. Don't forget the side edges.
Doing this gently will hopefully not stir up any dust.

Then it's installation time.
Locate it in the pegs at the bottom of the phone 

Pull off number one tab, and smooth down into place, making sure you have lined up the selfie camera. 

Using the spreader, remove number two piece and smooth out any bubbles. 

Then do number three. Again smoothing out the protector. 

Gently smooth down the sides, and remove the last top layer.

You will hopefully be left with a perfect installation and then leave it a short time to cure.

So what do I think.
Once cured, it becomes really smooth and not really much resistance using the S Pen. 
It doesn't go right to the edges, so it's case friendly. 

I tried it with the Ringke Onxy case

This is a really great alternative to a glass screen protector. It's quite inexpensive, so it's great value for money.
I can see why others recommended this. 
The kit also has camera lenses cover, which I wasn’t keen on and just tried it.

It fitted with the case. The lenses are completely covered.
So will give great protection for the cameras. 

So overall, if like me you don't like glass protectors on curved screen phones.
This will give you the protection from all those scratches etc.
Fingerprint sensor works great as well. Just re-register your fingerprints after the installation. 
I got mine from Amazon

30 REPLIES 30
Mobz
Voyager
Options
I got one from Amazon that was from the same company. The photo on the amazon one looks a little different to the one you have uploaded above. I can't remember what mine looked like in person though.

The kit and everything looks identical however the YouTube installation video to that one didn't show the same screen protector used as the one i had, had the 3 flaps and removal like yours but the video just showed a straight one step removal like the screen protectors back in the day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09NM5J81Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_WV9E0C76ZHXMHP06M457

Was that the one?
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Although I haven't ordered the s22 ultra myself. Got to like this post for your time and effort you've put into it. Looks like your phone is very well protected. Enjoy.
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
I've got that one, and it is good 👍🏼
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
May have to look into if they do one for the s21 ultra. I'm using a tempered glass which is starting to come away at the bottom corners.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I like to have no case on my phone around my home. As very little chance of any damage.
Glass screen protectors feel odd and I'm not too keen on them with the curved edges.
So things like this are just right. Plus the glass ones always end up lifting with me
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is the one I watched
https://youtu.be/fG0fgefLEzo
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
I had the 20ultra, didn't like it for few reasons, but then went to 20FE, Tauri protector ace on that, that was glass, don't think glass is good on curves, this new one on 22Ultra, with the "superstrong" glass is great, easy..ish to fit, and seems to protect against scratches, don't know about an impact tho, you on the 21Ultra?
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Wasn't too bad applying the tempered glass. Just a little nervous removing one. 😬.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've included the link in this article as I think you point out you are taken to a different video.