Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra SLOW and massive lag

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 03:53 PM)
Juriaan
Explorer
Options

Exynos device, highest resolution and framerate settings and it is really shamefully slow! My S20 Ultra is much nicer to use. Switching apps, waiting for anything to pop up, not to mention the games....unplayable!! The amount of dropped frames is crazy. Not to mention filming video or playing video, so much frame drop it's just USELESS!! I can't even record a story on Instagram without this stupid lag...

Very unhappy with this 😕

Anyone know if this is something an update will fix or do we have to ditch the high resolution.....which I'm not really happy about if that's the case

42 REPLIES 42
rajaamerkhan
Navigator
Options

I have already set it to 8gb but it doesn't seem to help at all.

General day to day use is just laggy. You can just feel the lag while opening/closing or scrolling through apps. 

Only handful of apps feel smooth e.g. google feed and YouTube. Rest of all apps are stuttery. Twitter is the worst. 

0 Likes
GlenCoco1985
Apprentice
Options

I actually go out of my way to find the latest firmwares and manually flash them so as to stay updated even before my region as the CSC contains my country anyway and it's still a total piece of ***** even as of may update they are just rubbish phones stop trying to deny it.

< Software information

Android version

Google Play system update

1 April 2022

Baseband version

S906EXXU2AVE4

Kernel version

5.10.43-android12-9-24096951-abS906EXXU2AVE4

#1 Thu May 12 00:21:13 UTC 2022

Build number

SP1A.210812.016.S906EXXU2AVE4

SE for Android status

Enforcing

SEPF_SM-S906E_12_0001

Thu May 1 2 09:50:52 2022

0 Likes
GlenCoco1985
Apprentice
Options

Folks s22+ snapdragon isn't any better at this point it's laggy and all hell, camera is unusable and so to are the social media camera iterations of the same thing as they bragged about collaboration with snapchat so it uses the actual real samsung camera software so you get wide zoom lens and extra zoom in features, that should just be part of any phone at this price point not a selling point of a phone and it's still unusable anyway lmao absolute garbage I'm actually trying to swap mine for s20 ultra 5g 512gb and money my way because I miss a phone that works and the external sd card was nice. The literal only thing I like about this phone is they did away with the dumb ass curved screen. Feels mint in the hand that's it finished 🤣🤣 no more samsung phones for me ever this phone was a downgrade in evey way including battery and resolution pfft disgusted 

0 Likes
Members_iPFaKl0
First Poster
Options
This is the worst phone I've ever had. It's much slower and laggier than my s20+

Camera starts with seconds delay, missing a lot of photo opportunities.

Android auto is just awful, laggy, slow on the car console as well as the phone itself. 

The whole user experience is just terrible. 

It's the last Samsung phone I will get, used them since the s1

0 Likes
zkrpt
First Poster
Options

hello, I have the same problem, if anyone wants to buy this **** I can sell it for 500€. I know that I am losing money but I don't want this phone anymore. Probably one day I will lose my patience and I will break this. so if anyone wants to buy this I can sell it right now. I love Samsung and I have a lot of things from them, but this phone makes me sad, and I don't know if I'm gonna trust them again.

0 Likes
Members_bmFi14x
First Poster
Options

Same problem for me, thought it was just me as tech reviewers didn't really mention this. I also thought it was because I have the 8GB version of the S22 Ultra, but apparently the problem exists with 12GB of RAM too. The animation on the lock screen lags. Some apps are terrible (Twitter being one of them, IMDb even crashes frequently) and no app updates or main software updates has fixed this in the past 4 months so I'm starting to loose hope it ever will. The camera is very laggy too, especially when first starting it (can take 2 or 3 seconds to start, and when it starts the whole interface is stuttering, which if you tag videos your footage will be jumpy, and if you try to take photos it often doesn't register you pressing the shutter button the first time). It's really, really bad for a high end flagship that's more expensive than an iPhone. I just hate iOS and I don't trust Chinese phones, so not sure what to do now. Been a Samsung users since the S2 and I'm very disappointed to say the least. While I appreciate some features like the 10x zoom, overall it's a bad phone really...

0 Likes
Members_YsyJoNp
First Poster
Options

Update: it improved the phone but still far too laggy. Can't even screen share a video without lag. 

Am quite disgusted with Samsung, as their flagship phones usually can be trusted and stupid me didn't do research on it because of this misplaced trust... Oh well, lesson learned. 

---

I recently got the S22 Ultra Exynos and was just as shocked at how laggy it was but after looking at some reviews and benchmarks, it seemed that the snapdragon isn't much faster so I digged deeper.

Turns out removing the "Samsung members" app, which I didn't even know was on the phone as I stumbled on it while going through the phone settings, instantly improved the speed (I could actually see the lag dissappear on the uninstall animation). 

So yea, it seems the lag can be fixed with settings / removing some bloatware. 

Good luck!

P.S I also set the virtual ram higher / disabled gestures etc. but these didn't seem to have any effect so reverting these settings now to see if it holds... 

0 Likes
Options

Im using Samsung's latest device i.e., S22 Ultra 12/512 GB. The problem im facing is when I Play Mobile Legends Bang Bang the game lags very severely. So, i assumed I have bad internet connection and i was forced to go afk. But then again when i turned on the YouTube the internet was fine. Infact more than fine. I can literally eatch at 1089p. I thought internet is back. Again but when i logged in and continued to play again lag issues. So i again thought maybe some players are using vpn or im in different server. Bit it kept lagging. Its been 2 weeks. Still causing lag while the internet is fine. So my final assumption is the phone is a trash. If i could i would in a snap exchange it to iPhone. In a snap. And never. Ever. In this life time return to samsung. Ever. Maybe in next life time too. 

Options

Same issue. Its lags when playing MLBB but at the smae time i can watch YouTube in 1080p. At the same time i can watch Instagram too. But mobile legend will still lag. This phone is the issue. If i can turn back time i would never buy samsung product again. Ever. Never ever. This will be my last samsung in this life time. 

GlenCoco1985
Apprentice
Options

If this isn't fixed once one ui 5 stable is out end of the year I'm selling this POS phone to someone I don't like 🤣🤣 been thinking of going with a google pixel anyways and older one myaybe a 4 or 5a or something and running the custom firmware built for degoogleing and ultra security graphene as pixels don't actively block the installation of custom roms and don't have an efuse like stupid Knox and long as the bootloader is locked no warnings about custom firmware because they actively support using custom aosp roms on their devices even ones that get rid of Google completely. I've had a samsung since the Galaxy SII and last good phones were note 20 ultra 5g and s20 ultra 5g. I never had the s21 but I had both aforementioned phones and they were great smooth as butter for evething, native video calls not this duo ***** and google msgs forced on us because samsung can't build a reliable message app that supports rich communications which is as close as Android gets to imessage but still nothing even remotely as good, their app does work but drops out constantly so now they include Google msgs and their own both from scratch like how dumb how many message apps you need out the box. Also i really enjoyed the native video calling between Samsung's on supported devices well that's gone along with sd cards since the s21 these phones are absolute garbage wish I'd played with one in the shop first I'd never have spent anything on it id have kept my s20 ultra 5g or note ultra till it was dead then go a pixel just for the great camera and hardware with no active discouragement on installing custom firmware. Graphene OS looks amazing! Google it and checkout reviews on youtube if you're curious about it it's the most secure and privacy based firmware made for Android you can still use Google but if don't want to you can ride yourself of all its personal data stealing apps. 

0 Likes