Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra SLOW and massive lag

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 03:53 PM)
Juriaan
Explorer
Options

Exynos device, highest resolution and framerate settings and it is really shamefully slow! My S20 Ultra is much nicer to use. Switching apps, waiting for anything to pop up, not to mention the games....unplayable!! The amount of dropped frames is crazy. Not to mention filming video or playing video, so much frame drop it's just USELESS!! I can't even record a story on Instagram without this stupid lag...

Very unhappy with this 😕

Anyone know if this is something an update will fix or do we have to ditch the high resolution.....which I'm not really happy about if that's the case

42 REPLIES 42
Big M
First Poster
Options

I miss my S20 Note Ultra.. The S22 Ultras lag, and juddery videos is awful !!! ...what a mistake.. I am now paying over 100 gbp per month for something thats unusable .. and the gimbal or built in stabilsation is really slow at keeping up too...i also mis the SSD slot ....not happy at all.

0 Likes
briceio
Apprentice
Options

I managed to get reimbursed... for the readers: it's very simple, DO NOT BUY the Exynos version (European version...), there is clearly some hardware problems with this SoC and I don't believe any software updates will solve those, appart from trying to throttle or manage the way the CPU works (remember: Samsung already tried to throttle apps appart from benchmarks ones, and it took time for them to officially announce the E2200 to the press... it was a sign of unfinished product!). I don't know about the Snapdragon version, but from what I red it seems ok. Now I'd like to know why some well known YT techs keep telling even the Exynos version is acceptable... sell-outs...

I have always been a loyal buyer of Samsung products, but I think I'll pass for the next years now. I can't even imagine if I didn't manage to get reimbursed... it would have been like throwing 1650 € by the window because that phone is that unusable. A shame.

Members_C6o3oix
First Poster
Options

Also got my S22 Ultra a couple of days and noticed this lagging and very slow response when opening apps, taking a photo or just texting.

Does anyone know if samsung will do a software update to fix this? Else I need to sell this phone or so. This is my first Ultra version and my S20 plus is performing better than this. Very disappointing 😞

0 Likes
Members_mnP9OVB
First Poster
Options

Wtf is wrong with Samsung? Can't watch videos on any app/stream. Netflix, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook. It lags and sound comes 1 second before picture... 

Rowanv18
First Poster
Options

Like Members_mnP9OVB says. You can't even start video without pauze en starting it four times to get the audio en video in sync.

I hope that there Will Be so shy fix coming because pending 1300 euros on a phone that does out not perform its predecessor is completely nuts.

0 Likes
Members_0xkU7YN
First Poster
Options

Weirdly enough, S22 works great. I bought S22 Ultra for myself and S22 for my father. SoC  and basically all internals are the same, so it seems like it's actually software and not hardware.

My S22U works better after factory reset but still far from blasting fast experience on Note 20 Ultra. For now I went back to Note 20U and waiting for upadate for S22U. If they don't fix it soon, I'll just sell S22U and stick with good, old Note until something actually better will come along.

0 Likes
Members_rLcCHQY
First Poster
Options

Omg i thought i was the only one with this Problem i dont know what i should do. Shame 

0 Likes
DragosX
Student
Options

Managed to sort this with increasing the VRAM from 4GB to 8 in settings ( 6 might work also )

briceio
Apprentice
Options

I did too returning it and buying a Find X5 Pro... no problem at all anymore :winking-face:

DragosX
Student
Options
Hope you'll have a better experience with the new phone 😊
0 Likes