Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra SLOW and massive lag

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 03:53 PM)
Juriaan
Explorer
Options

Exynos device, highest resolution and framerate settings and it is really shamefully slow! My S20 Ultra is much nicer to use. Switching apps, waiting for anything to pop up, not to mention the games....unplayable!! The amount of dropped frames is crazy. Not to mention filming video or playing video, so much frame drop it's just USELESS!! I can't even record a story on Instagram without this stupid lag...

Very unhappy with this 😕

Anyone know if this is something an update will fix or do we have to ditch the high resolution.....which I'm not really happy about if that's the case

42 REPLIES 42
Members_5vs7Upp
First Poster
Options

I read a post on here about changing vram from 4 to 6 or 8 I changed mine to 8 and it has fixed the problem. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Randall14
First Poster
Options

I switched from an s10+ and even that was way faster. So disappointed that I bought direct from Samsung. I would be trading this doorstop in for another brand otherwise.

0 Likes
Bresdfg
Journeyman
Options

I have had my phone for about a week now, after having had the Z fold 3, and I've decided that I am going back to my fold phone. I feel like everything runs slow on this phone. Not happy at all.

0 Likes
Bresdfg
Journeyman
Options

I got my phone just a week ago so it sounds like this update won't solve any of the issues for me. I can't believe how slow it is just loading internet pages. Luckily I'm still in the 14 day window and I'm going to send this one back instead of sending them my Z Fold3. 

0 Likes
Members_n0zdCxj
First Poster
Options

I had the same problems with the 128gb version of exynos. Lagging all the time at every situation, not playing videos and having problem with too many apps being open. It is a shame for a phone that costs so much money. I had all the galaxy from s3 till now and now i bought the 12gm ram and 256gb version and it ia looking way better. But i was close on going to apple

0 Likes
Boris Vaskin
First Poster
Options

I'm so outraged that I wanna kill someone responsible with this peace of phone. It's the only thing it's good for. How the f%&$ this went through? It's unusable. No Samsung phones for me ever! This was their last chance and they blew it. Please don't make my mistakes and stay away from this exycrap and from the company forced it on us. I've spoken. 

0 Likes
MansaEl
Apprentice
Options

I have the same lagging and usability issues here, and them some!

I've done a factory reset, no change. The phone says I have the latest update version. I don't even have the option to change vram in the settings! I actually bought 2 S22 Ultras, and one is even worse than the next. The screen has shown lines of color, went into some weird mode showing strange symbols, and goes green at times. These things were brand new in the box, plastic and seal stickers all intact...

Even more apalling, is that I've gotten the notification to "continue setting up my Galaxy Note 10+ device" when I signed into my Google account on it! This is ridiculous. My S10+ is millenia faster than the paperweight I have. Does anyone have a solution I can try? Has there been any change in response from Samsung?

0 Likes
gt1872
Apprentice
Options

Im so dissapointed in this phone i cant believe how slow it is, what have i done, ive put a screen protector on it does this mean i cant return it?

0 Likes
rajaamerkhan
Navigator
Options

Same here.

My galaxy s22+ lags like mad.

I tried contacting their support 2 times and both times they say the phone is working normal and they can't see anything in logs.

I guess they have just closed their eyes towards the issue and not planning to do anything about it.

The phone just lags literally for every little activity you do.

From opening apps, to opening sidebar, to using twitter. You name it. And the lag is there.

Hope their team is looking at this thread and do their magic to make it smooth.

0 Likes
Glenn10
First Poster
Options

So I've been having the exact same issues as everyone here. Support is useless, they just give you the generic guidelines.

Something I came across yesterday which I'm only in the beginning stages of testing and it seems to have at least helped a bit, however I'd like to know what everyone else here things after trying it:

Go into settings>device care>memory>

Then down the very bottom "Ram plus". It's set to 4GB Ram and I've switched it to 8GB. 

I have no idea why this would be set so low.

Give it a whirl and let me know

0 Likes