Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
tamnof
Explorer
Options

I can tell you that for several months I had problems with my S22 Ultra's GPS. What I found is that the device is more sensible to physical blocking GPS signal then my previous Note 10 Plus or even S8 Edge. By blocking I mean magnetic fields, elctronics, trees, etc. But it got better with the upgrade to Android 12, and it is prety good now with Android 13.
I have changed the holder of the phone in my car to reduce the disturbances. It helped. The same holder did not have any influence on the GPS signal reception in the Galaxy s10 Note Plus, but it blocked the signal to the  S22 Ultra.
Try it.

0 Likes
Roday
First Poster
Options

Yep, I stopped using a magnetic phone holder and GPS started working properly with Android Auto in the car. GPS was working fine otherwise.

0 Likes
AzureHawk
Student
Options

Unfortunately this info may be obsolete?   In my Google maps app, there is no option to calibrate compass!

0 Likes
Members_NLsjaUM
First Poster
Options

Having problems with my Samsung S22 ultra can not get bixby to power off &keeps turning off why I am on phone & my pro-bud the volume no them keeps going down when I am using hem with me turning them down , so I have to keep tuning them back up but they then turn there self back down. I think that Smsung should re-call all the Samsung S22 ultra back. Is any one else having this problem 's

0 Likes
Av15H
First Poster
Options

Still no GPS on my note 10 plus. Unfortunately that would be the end of Samsung products for me. 

0 Likes
MrMeSeeks
Apprentice
Options

I have a GPS problem on the s22 ultra, it's very frustrating and I keep having to restart my phone, which is not something you can do in the middle of a drive, today it just stopped working, I was doing 40 MPH, the phone said I'm doing 13 MPH and i was nowhere near where it showing on the map on any of the apps.

I had to pull out my old iPhone the kids were using to watch using during the drive. 

this is not the first time this has happened. 

also having issues with contactless payments randomly not working. 

going to be putting my sim back in my old iPhone. 

0 Likes
MrMeSeeks
Apprentice
Options

yep, also having a problem with that.  s22 ultra 

0 Likes
MrMeSeeks
Apprentice
Options

i see that there are 5 likes here but I wonder if any of those likes were from users that have the problems a lot of the ppl on this thread are describing, it has not helped me at all. 

0 Likes
MorineDaniel
Explorer
Options

Try to download Sygic from Play Store. After using the app for a while inexplicably my GPS is working again. To check if it is working correctly, turn off Google Accuracy Location and try locate on Maps or other application. 

0 Likes
MorineDaniel
Explorer
Options

Try to download Sygic from Play Store. After using the app for a while my GPS is back again. To check if it is working correctly, turn off Google Accuracy Location and try locate on Maps or other application. 

0 Likes