Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
Cibronka
Journeyman
Options

I've found solution. So far it is working.

You have to do two steps:

1. Go to Google maps and calibrate compass - tap Blu dot with you position then calibrate and follow instructions.

2. Go to diagnostic menu by typing in dialer *#0*# --> sensor. If magnetic sensor has red or purple line in black circle do the same kind of movement as in step 1 during calibration. Do it until you see black circle with blue line, it looks like this in my case:

Screenshot_20220304-193255_HwModuleTest.jpg

 after this GPS works flawlessly.

0 Likes
Vinny1511
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for the suggestion Cibronka - I have actually tried this before in exactly the steps you describe, it worked for a bit, and then stopped working... 

What I didn't do, was try it again when it stopped working, I just reset my handset assuming it hadn't has the effect I was hoping for - If it does that again, I'll try and calibration, and the menu and see what happens. 

What I will say, is my GPS seemed to work for much longer this way - A matter of days rather than hours.....

Vinny. 

0 Likes
Abdul_Hasnath_786
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, all these temporary fixes don't seem to work as well. Still have to restart.

We need Samsung to sort this out for us asap! It's ridiculous that a £1000+ phone doesn't seem to have stable GPS.

What is the proper fix? Do we wait for update? Anything official?

JohnsnowMD
Student
Options

Same here especially using the waze app..what is a good solution..i thought i made a mistake transferring my setting from my old phone to this new phone..but apparently a lot of people are experiencing it..another experinece is that it cant connect to call at some point and needed restatrting to fix the problem..hassle..hassle...hassle

0 Likes
ninjakiwi123
Journeyman
Options

Same problem. Contacted Samsung, they said to send it  for replacement. Because they never heard about this problem yet. 

0 Likes
mastroalex
Explorer
Options

I have issues with Smart Lock, that's not working on trusted sites and I found out that probably the reason could be the bad GPS. Even if I'm connected to my home Wi-Fi, my position is labeled "low precision" and it even shifts around constantly by even more than 100 meters. AWFUL.

0 Likes
DiamondG
Explorer
Options
Guys you need everyone to send error report though members app in 5Min after error happened !! Only this way whey will start doing something! Screenshot_20220305-211134_Samsung Members_2458_1646514694.jpg
0 Likes
Members_JFgQR0t
First Poster
Options

I have the same problems since day 1. was working better after the big update last week, but since 3 days again broken

0 Likes
Members_yCqGAVg
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue for me. Google maps stops working. Peoples hot fixes are fine if I am stood somewhere and work for a little bit but I can't be messing with my phone like this when driving a car at 70 miles an hour. I need satnav that works. 

anoyedS22user
Journeyman
Options
Spoke to an advisor that has stated that this is not a know issue..

I've uploaded error reports with the gps tool box open where you should be able to easily see that it keeps dropping satellites and the compass bounces about. As far as I'm aware North never moves..

have been told its 14days for them to review the error reports which I don't think is good enough to be honest. Having to use my s20 ultra for driving as this new phone is more unreliable than a Robin reliant
0 Likes