Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra crashing and restarting

(Topic created on: 26-02-2022 02:35 PM)
YasK
Journeyman
Options
Hi

I received my S22 Ultra on the 21st Feb, and I transferred my content form my note 20 to the s22 ultra. 
The phone crashes/freezes and then restarts 4 to 8 times a day, this happens whilst using the phone and when it's not in use(during the night).
I updated the software that was released yesterday and still have the issue.
Anyone else had this problem? Any advice, don't say restore the phone, that's a headache. 

Thank you
45 REPLIES 45
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you use Smart switch to transfer your data.
If you did. Personally I'd back up all the data on your Note 20 to your Samsung account.
Then factory reset the S22 Ultra, and then set it up and use the backed up data to restore to the S22 Ultra.
Sometimes if apps and such don't transfer data properly, you get issues with the new phone. Same if something is corrupt in some way on the old device.
I stopped using Smart Switch.
I also use Google Photos to backup my photos and videos as a just in case
YasK
Journeyman
Options
I did use smart switch, also I have backed up what I could on my Samsung account apart from the photos n videoes, I have LOADs.
Would take forever to back them up on google drive.

I'll see how things go I might have to back up everything on the laptop and then do a restore.

It's pain going through all that.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah I kept getting issues with new phones myself. So from now on since I stopped using it, my phones have been great.
The apps get freshly download rather than get transferred with all the data and cookies etc
0 Likes
YasK
Journeyman
Options
Thanks mate
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@YasK 

Try cleaning your phone's system file cache via https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter into recovery mode. 

Many do use Samsung Smartswitch without issue however my personal choice is to use my Samsung Cloud Back up.

I also sometimes download my apps via the MyLibrary in the Playstore.

My photo's are all backed up in Dropbox as I prefer not to use OneDrive.

If you do factory reset then at first set the phone up as new without using a back up as a process of elimination to rule out the phone and or software.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Sam808i
Journeyman
Options
Yea I'm still finding problems with mine I did the same smart swich then some app were missing or just didn't work so reset phone and started again but now I find android Auto works when it wants to not when I need it though think the next update should put all the phones back to 4.0 that worked like a dream if its not fixed soon think ill go back to iPhone with a 13 hour battery life...................
0 Likes
Damo81
Explorer
Options
Mine has been exactly the same unfortunately. It is going back as I've tried everything, clearing cache, soft reset, factory reset several times, used smart switch, used back up to restore and also a completely fresh install and nothing has sorted it.
Connor C
Apprentice
Options

Mine was doing the same too, did a factory reset and no smart switch but the issue persisted. Would make a short static noise at the point of restarting, like there's a short circuit of some sort. Sending mine back for a refund, will stick with the S21 Ultra

Deano6
Journeyman
Options
Mine has now restarted itself whilst I tried to answer a phone call twice now. A week later and it is now restarting a lot more often and not just when answering calls. I will definitely be sending it back