Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor call audio quality with Android Auto on S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 18-07-2022 03:26 PM)
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

Hi,

I've been noticing extremely poor audio quality on phone calls when using Android Auto. Compared to an iphone for example, here, the calls sound muffled like low bit audio.
I am using a premium cable, Samsung original one so the cable is not the issue.

Anyone noticed this and have an idea if can be fixed?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
LilyS22
Journeyman
Options

I just bought the S22 Ultra this weekend and am having the same problems with call audio quality. It is awful…muffled and very low. Apple iPhone quality is clear and loud. Is this a fault? Can it be fixed or have we been ripped off by Samsung?

0 Likes
Batsy1301
First Poster
Options

I have had my S22 Ultra for under 2 months now. Every call i have had has been poor. Caller on the other end complains I am muffled, warped, echoing, or far away. I did everything from removing my case, to shutting off wifi calling, to resetting my phone. The only help is when i use my bluetooth headset. Blue tooth with the car or other devices also have issues. My audio on my side seems fine most of the time. I have had Samsungs since Note 7 and never had a problem. Prior to the Note 7 i had other Androids and apple phones, nothing compared. The 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Batsy1301: Head over to your dial pad and type in *#0283#, then select “Start: RCV_1stMic” and speak into your phone like you’re on a call. Once you’ve done that select “Start: SPK_2ndMic”, talk into your phone like you’re talking to someone on speaker phone. Can you hear yourself clearly in the playback on both of these tests?

0 Likes
LilyS22
Journeyman
Options

Hi AndrewL. Audio doesn’t sound too bad with that test. Clarity isn’t too bad but it still seems low in tone/audio projection. Is there anything to fix that?

0 Likes