Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anybody else unhappy with their S22 device?

(Topic created on: 16-05-2022 10:31 AM)
Joemile
Explorer
Options
Previously I owned a galaxy S10 for nearly 3 years and it was a brilliant device and rarely had an issues.

I decided to 'upgrade' to the regular S22 and my god this device is a peice of *****.

It constantly force closes apps, camera always lags when taking photos, I keep getting random freezes & restarts when answering calls, it gets really hot doing simple tasks like it's about to explode, battery life is 4hrs SOT maximum with mediocre usage and I've given up trying to upload videos to Instagram, it has a 99% chance of freezing the device for 10 minutes and tendering it unusable until it crashes and force restarts itself.

I paid £800 for another 'premium' device from Samsung and received this bundle of ***** with a badly made chip due to Samsungs 10% exynos yield rate.

I've been waiting for 3 months hoping updates will make it better but it hasnt.

I'm honestly considering returning the device completely. Where do I stand on getting a full refund after owning the device for 3 months?
20 REPLIES 20
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mine couldn't be anymore different
My experience is great.
What have you done to try and fix the issues with the phone?
You can try clearing the Partition Cache on the phone
Have you tried resetting the phone and setting up from backed up data rather than using Smartswitch
Ava05
First Poster
Options
I totally unhappy 😡 l have put my sim back in my old phone
Joemile
Explorer
Options
I've tried all of that and I never used smart switch in the first place. The device is just not good.
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Sounds like you have a faulty unit.
Joemile
Explorer
Options
Possibly but I can't return it because it's the Web exclusive grey colour and Samsung will leave me without a device for months if I return it for an exchange..
0 Likes
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
It needs to be sent off for repair before samsung will even entertain a refund. Pretty sure if they can't fix the issue they have to accept it back for a full refund.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you have a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung store based near you.
You can book a repair in some of the stores
Alternatively if its available in your area, they may have a mobile service available, if its something they would do as a mobile repair
0 Likes
Joemile
Explorer
Options
Exactly and they will claim there is nothing wrong because they think their bad exynos chips being terrible is fine.
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Just send it back for repair, I have found the service super useful in the past.
0 Likes