Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra - Battery drains very quickly

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 09:26 AM)
Adrr556
Explorer
Options

Have had my Galaxy S22 Ultra (Exynos) since launch and it's really good coming from the Pixel 6 Pro but having three issues which I'm sure are linked:

> Battery drains very quickly. I'd unplug it at 100% and within 10 mins of idle I've already lost one percent of my battery. SOT maximum is 3 hours so am tied to a powerbank. This is pathetic and I'm needlessly using up charge cycles. 
>Phone is hot on idle. I'd pull the phone out of my pocket where it hasn't been touched but it will hot to the touch
>Constant microlags and stutters whilst using the phone in e.g. the interface. 

Anyone else having these issues? I already factory reset one day after having it as thought this to ve abnormal but it's still exactly the same. 
385 REPLIES 385
ommar83
Journeyman
Options

What I dont get is why samsung is not resenting a good resolution for this issue. Many users have this type of problem and the  supplier is frecoulously not giving any kind of interest on this subject.

paulh8888
First Poster
Options

mine has the same issue.  the battery suks for  a $1300 dollars phone 

0 Likes
Sgtkeebler
First Poster
Options

Thank you! That adaptive power saving and switching to Microsoft edge browser did the trick for me. I had no clue about adaptive power saving.

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

@ommar83 I believe the S22 series is just a placeholder so Samsung could get something to market for 2022. 

It is very frustrating that Samsung is not taking the defects serious and providing a timely fix. Possibly they don't care at all to provide a fix. They're a big company who will still make profits because people buy their phones. 

It really sucks to have a $1,500 phone that has horrible battery life,  terrible speaker sound quality and worst of all horrible Bluetooth sound quality,  but the best screen in the world . 

They have our money now, so what's the incentive to do anything until the next model comes out. 

Heck, Samsung no longer even provides a charger in the box. They followed Apple instead of being a leader!  Apple is being sued for that in Europe. 

I do believe we are  stuck!

0 Likes
SeaCrane1
First Poster
Options

Not to necro this at all, just wanted to add my own experiences as someone that just upgraded. I'm on T-Mobile and disabling 5G and NFC seems to have dramatically improved my battery life. Big thank you to the folks that suggested that.

I went from 100-60 in two hours to 100-60 in five hours of use. Facebook still is a battery monster so I'm going to move to Lite if I can verify it works with any stability. Hoping this boost is more than temporary and we get some sort of explanation eventually.

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

Unfortunately Verizon SIM locks you out of disabling 5G. 

Used to have 5G on my S21 Ultra. No battery issues. 

The S22 Ultra sucks at sound and Battery life. 

It's a real shame we have to put "Band-*****" on the phone just to make it operate correctly. So disappointed!

0 Likes
Vu Nguyen
Pathfinder
Options

You only use 40% of battery after 5 hours of use?  I'm on WiFi and I can't even get that 🤣.  The only thing you changed was turning off 5G?

The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

I know, I'm literally on WiFi all day long except when I drive to and from work!  😀

0 Likes
TRG-TheGreat
Apprentice
Options

Here is what Ive noticed after getting better battery life on my S22+ after 3 days. Running the battery down to 26% the day before, I left the phone overnight without charging it. When I woke up 6 hours later, it dropped 2% while Idle.  I then super fast charged it in the morning to 100% and now Im noticing better battery.

Keep in mind. This was from a fresh factory reset and adding all my apps back manually and signing in. The only things Ive changed was turning off 5G and putting apps that I hardly use in Deep Sleep. About 50 of them in the battery settings. 

So far, so good. Before doing these steps, Battery seemed horrible. And I will continue to monitor it. 

Essakj
Apprentice
Options

Same problem im surviving😕

0 Likes