Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra - Battery drains very quickly

(Topic created on: 19-07-2022 11:09 PM)
Adrr556
Explorer
Options

Have had my Galaxy S22 Ultra (Exynos) since launch and it's really good coming from the Pixel 6 Pro but having three issues which I'm sure are linked:

> Battery drains very quickly. I'd unplug it at 100% and within 10 mins of idle I've already lost one percent of my battery. SOT maximum is 3 hours so am tied to a powerbank. This is pathetic and I'm needlessly using up charge cycles. 
>Phone is hot on idle. I'd pull the phone out of my pocket where it hasn't been touched but it will hot to the touch
>Constant microlags and stutters whilst using the phone in e.g. the interface. 

Anyone else having these issues? I already factory reset one day after having it as thought this to ve abnormal but it's still exactly the same. 
385 REPLIES 385
beebesknees
Journeyman
Options

Honestly!! I don't even use the pen so that's a waste but I went into the store yesterday with a broken phone and they directed me to the ultra. I was told that it was fast, would game well and that the battery was unbelievable. None of any of that is true. I am debating using my 15 day return policy and trying something else but I read the whole S22 line is the same. 

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

@beebesknees Yeah, I'd get out of it now before you regret it like I do. 

I've had mine since February and nothing has been done to resolve the battery or sound quality issues. 

0 Likes
Vu Nguyen
Pathfinder
Options

You can trade the S22 for iPhone 13 pro max.  Great battery life there 😃.  I just charge it 2-3 times a day.  Hopefully the S23 is better but I doubt that. 

The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

@Vu Nguyen Now you knew I was going to reply to your post with a big grin. 😄

I carry a charger with me at all times, plus a big battery to recharge from if there is no A/C. 

The iPhone 13 Pro Max would be an awesome choice. 

0 Likes
beebesknees
Journeyman
Options

What would you get instead of the Ultra if you could?

0 Likes
beebesknees
Journeyman
Options

I am not an Apple person. Everything I have is Samsung. I wouldn't even know how to use it lol

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

@beebesknees Did you buy the phone from your carrier or a big box store?  

I am also trying to decide what to get to replace the S22 Ultra. 

One choice is the Asus Rog 6 Pro, but it isn't compatible with Verizon. 

0 Likes
Vu Nguyen
Pathfinder
Options

I only have 2 problems with the ultra.  1 too heavy and 2 is the battery life sucks.  However, I am next to the charger most of the time and I just have to be careful not to drop the phone.  Not bad....

beebesknees
Journeyman
Options

I got it from my carrier. I have 2 weeks to try it out. I have a bad feeling I'll be locked into a contract with them though. I owned my last phone and had no contract before this phone.

0 Likes
beebesknees
Journeyman
Options

I do have the ability to be close to charging 90% of the time and I did get the fast charger so it's done in like 30 min. The phone isn't too too bad but the case I bought makes it feel like a brick!

0 Likes