Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed and Returned

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 12:17 PM)
Jimo2020
Navigator
Options
So I've just received my S22U and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Whilst the design is amazing, it is slow as F***. Coming from an S21U as part of the upgrade program, as I change my phone every year (why not eh!?), its a downgrade in terms of performance and issues. Whilst the S21U had its issues when I got it, it wasn't this bad. 

The S22U is on par with the S20U which was a nightmare.

I accept some of these issues will likely be addressed in a software / firmware update, I do not accept that a phone should be in this poor state on release and samsung can do better. And if the S20U is anything to go by, some issues will likely never be resolved until the S23U is released.

Duly returned for a refund.

28 REPLIES 28
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jimo2020 Sorry to hear you are not happy with the S22  Ultra and you are finding it subpar.  I think new Devices take a bit of time to be optimised and issues should be addressed in firnware updates.  However your decision and obviously you do not think it is satisfactory and whilst problems  have been reported not everyone has the same experience.  I do not have the Device myself as decided not to upgrade at the present time.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Jimo2020
Navigator
Options
Unfortunately when even the lock screen video judders, it clearly shows there is a more systemic problem with Samsung and / or it's hardware and software. You dodged a bullet.
MickeyMoo
Journeyman
Options
Check my post on the audio quality, its shocking!! The more I listen to it the more I want to send it back. To be fair, mine is not slow but it did lock up yesterday when I extracted the S-Pen whilst the screen lock was on. Juat got a black screen with a white dot in the bottom left hand corner.
0 Likes
Jimo2020
Navigator
Options
I saw that... my audio is pretty good to be honest. Its just so slow! Even opening the Samsung members app to look at your post it hung and I had to force stop and reload... Screenshot_20220223-125731_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Greg475
Pioneer
Options
That's the samsung notes screen to take notes when screen lock is on. Turn it off in the settings
Jimo2020
Navigator
Options
Thanks, I turned that off. Unfortunately the issue remains and the phone is slow at most things noticeably scrolling, loading apps and unlocking
0 Likes
MickeyMoo
Journeyman
Options
I like the option of writing in notes from the lock screen, used it before on previous Notes. Problem here is, black acreen, white dot, unable to write on the screen, power button not responding, nothing. Just had to wait for the phone to respond after about a minute
0 Likes
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

The fact that they cancelled the worldwide launch of their Exynos 2200 chipset at the last minute a few weeks back and that they chose to give their own country, South Korea, the much better Snapdragon 8 GEN 1 in their devices, speaks volumes. 

They simply did not have the courage of their convictions.

I cannot see how possible software updates will wipe out the 43% gap between the Exynos and Snapdragon chips when reports are coming in that the fault lies with the Samsung SoC, (System on Chip).

I was a big fan of Samsung but could not justify paying £1,500 for a sub par product that most of the world does not have to put up with... so I cancelled my pre-order of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 1TB rather than spend the next year, hoping and praying that a future update will offer a slightly better performance when the Snapdragon already does.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Jimo2020
Navigator
Options
Wish I had done the same rather then going through the hassle of a return... lesson learnt!