Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Brand New S22 on logo loop first time opened

(Topic created on: 30-05-2024 12:29 PM)
G221
Explorer
Options

Hello

Brand new s22 just out of the box, just turned it on for the first time, but it's on logo loop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's not good. So at this point can you now try the cache partition wipe as mentioned previously. Boot into the recovery menu like you did before, remember to plug into a working PC or laptop (follow the link I gave you for full instructions).
If that doesn't resolve the issue, then please boot to recovery menu again and fully reset the phone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
G221
Explorer
Options

Wiping the partition didn't work, however the full reset worked.
But how can I confirm that my phone was never used before, any logs I can extract?
Yes, I know, sealed, brand new, purchased myself from an authorised seller.
But what happened gave me second thoughts.

View solution in context

25 REPLIES 25
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Brand new from where? Samsung or 3rd party? Has it reached full charge yet? Let it fully charge to 100% then plug it into a working PC or laptop and clear its cache partition

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/
0 Likes
G221
Explorer
Options

From Vodafone, in 2022, but never opened it until today.
I plugged it first and it was 44%, so I just took it off the charger and opened it, and it went into loop mode.

I never experienced this with a new Galaxy phone before, does the loop mean something? used? the security sticker was intact though, is it normal with new Galaxy phones?

Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh okay then. Quite a few updates since then. Let it charge to 100% first. Turn it off for now. When fully charged then try the partition wipe and report back. How's the warranty, still active or expired now?
0 Likes
G221
Explorer
Options

How can I turn it of, tried several methods but still on loop.

Also, I never experienced this with a new Galaxy phone before, does the loop mean something? used? the security sticker was intact though, is it normal with new Galaxy phones?

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hard to tell at this point, considering it's brand new and unused. It is unused isn't it and not a refurb? Most reports here are based on models that have been owned for a while and had this problem after the UI6.1 update. Yours will not of had this update yet if it was purchased 2 years ago and never set up.

Are you saying it won't power down at all? Hold the Power and Volume down side buttons simultaneously for about 10-15 seconds. See if it reboots properly.
0 Likes
G221
Explorer
Options

Yes, brand new. purchased myself, not a gift.
is there anyway to know if it was refurbished, or used?
I managed to turn it off with the volume+power but the phone had to be plugged, didn't work without being plugged.

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ahh, great, because that's the way to get to the recovery menu, as in my original reply regarding partition wipe. You can perform that when the phone has some decent charge in it.
Regarding, refurbished or not. That should be on your invoice, online order or maybe speak to Vodafone directly to find out.
0 Likes
G221
Explorer
Options

Thanks, I was referring if it is possible to know by looking thru the phone itself.
It was purchased as new at the store.

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Should be OK then...
0 Likes