Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth keeps disconnecting in car

(Topic created on: 24-05-2023 05:16 PM)
sarah1973
Pioneer
Options
Since the last software update. My phone s22 ultra constantly keeps connecting to my car and then disconnecting. I have managed to get a video, it looks like someone is constantly pressing the Bluetooth button on and off, all day long. I have called Samsung, I've done a factory reset, still got the issue. Samsung say, to clear cache on Bluetooth, but its all greyed out and unable too. Any advice before I throw it out the window. I have tried s21 and note 10+ in car, both work fine. S22 ultra all ok, till last update. 
63 REPLIES 63
sarah1973
Pioneer
Options
Its so frustrating. Some days, no issues all morning, and then afternoon, constantly disconnecting. I'll speak to vw and see what they say. I'm sure they will try to charge
0 Likes
sarah1973
Pioneer
Options
Please keep me posted on your update. I'm in my car all day. So it would need to cancel work
HasteTheDay
Explorer
Options

Thanks for sharing! The article describes an entirely different issue though. The article describes that Android Auto is not working at all.

That's not the actual problem here, Android Auto itself is working, the screen is correctly being mirrorred at all times, Google Maps is working perfectly.

What is not working is making phone calls. HFP (Hands free phone) error shows up on the screen on a continuous basis. And whenever the HFP error happens, audio is also interrupted for a short moment, sometimes even need to press the play button again and again and again... Meanwhile on the phone you see that Bluetooth lost connection to the car.

As for car updates, my car is running the latest software updates, on Volkswagen you are perfectly capable to update the software yourself in the system settings over Wifi. No need to go to the garage for that.

On Android 11 / 12 everything worked fine here, my problems started around the time I got the Android 13 update.

LitleB
Journeyman
Options

I partially agree. AA works independently of bluetooth. Music and GPS are sent via WiFi, not Bluetooth. The calls are dropped when Bluetooth loses connection and I notice that the phone's Bluetooth goes on and off when this happens.

Not all updates can be done "over the air". Some updates must be done at the retailer. I have been given an appointment on 29 June for a full review of this and several other errors. I will keep you updated.

0 Likes
Fedja
First Poster
Options

The same issue here and it's on relation AA - Samsung - car. But this started after system update and I have tried all AA versions but not solution there. I think for some reason Samsung s22 ultra keeps disconnecting Bluetooth due to some battery saving mode that we cannot remove. Samsung needs to fix this issue 

0 Likes
sarah1973
Pioneer
Options
It needs to be dealt with ASAP. I do all my calls in car, and with this issue, its very difficult. Are samsung blaming the car brand? I've been meaning to call vw and ask if they know about this issue? Has anyone done that?

Lets hope its resolved soon. My note 10 has no issues connecting to car
ASW
Student
Options

Seems very strange that we all have VW's and its only us that are experiencing these issues. I'm leaning towards VAG software issues but it's doing my head in and I don't even need to be on the phone as I keep getting a message popup every 30 seconds or so on my infotainment screen. I share your pain

0 Likes
Alan2203
First Poster
Options

I've never been so excited to hear the results of someone else's car service!   I'm the same with Skoda Octavia & do all my calls in the car.  I now have to wear Bluetooth earphones! 

0 Likes
LitleB
Journeyman
Options

I had the car serviced today (Skoda Enyaq) and they found nothing wrong. In fact, I got an Enyaq as a rental car while the car was being serviced and I experienced exactly the same problems here even though this model was two years newer. I was told that there will be a new OTA update soon, but I don't know anything else. I will contact samsung (again) and ask for an explanation!

0 Likes
Fedja
First Poster
Options

I did little analysis of the issue on my device and car and noticed following. Bluetooth works for playing music via BT directly but when I take the call it happens to get message BT device is disconnected (but music still working).

Also, when connected on Android auto, music is working, navigation is working but I cannot take calls as phones keeps disconnecting (message on car's display). It this case I also cannot disconnect from AA and move to BT as phone keeps blocking BT connection... So, it's phone and not a car since car didn't have any update and Samsung had

0 Likes