Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth keeps disconnecting in car

(Topic created on: 24-05-2023 05:16 PM)
sarah1973
Pioneer
Options
Since the last software update. My phone s22 ultra constantly keeps connecting to my car and then disconnecting. I have managed to get a video, it looks like someone is constantly pressing the Bluetooth button on and off, all day long. I have called Samsung, I've done a factory reset, still got the issue. Samsung say, to clear cache on Bluetooth, but its all greyed out and unable too. Any advice before I throw it out the window. I have tried s21 and note 10+ in car, both work fine. S22 ultra all ok, till last update. 
63 REPLIES 63
LitleB
Journeyman
Options

Phone update today fixed the problem! Finally! 

0 Likes
sarah1973
Pioneer
Options
Excellent. I'll do my phone later. Fingers crossed
0 Likes
LitleB
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, I was too quick to jump to conclusions. The error is back today. I drove all day yesterday after the update with no issues. I notice that the phone's bluetooth turns on and off automatically when the car loses connection. Very strange and terribly annoying! Again, sorry... 

0 Likes
sarah1973
Pioneer
Options
I did update and straight away there was still issues. Its really getting my back up. Never had a problem like this before.
Note 10 no issues. S21 + no issues. What's going on with s22? Please samsung can you sort it out and ASAP
0 Likes
HasteTheDay
Explorer
Options

This issue exists already several months, there is another thread with a lot of views and replies, see https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/bluetooth-issue-since-android-13-update/td-p/6... but still no solution. I have a VW car myself as well. The issue started appearing after a phone software update. Not after a car software update. Am seriously considering of buying myself a new phone. If they manage to push me so far with this careless attitude then it will never be an android phone anymore.

0 Likes
sarah1973
Pioneer
Options
I didnt think it was the car. It was after the phone update. I've been considering this myself too. Thanks for the link
0 Likes
sarah1973
Pioneer
Options
This is very frustrating, samsung don't seem to be too concerned about it. I think they are trying to pass the buck. But, its android auto that has an issue too. But, ive had not response from them
0 Likes
LitleB
Journeyman
Options

https://www.samsung.com/no/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-android-auto-is-not-working-on-your-...

Samsung has posted an article (Norwegian) concerning this issue. Don't know if you can read it, but it says:

There is a compatibility issue with connection via mobile hotspots between certain Volkswagen vehicles and certain Android OS models. This is due to a change in the way mobile hotspot IP addresses have been assigned since Android OS 11. This problem can be solved by updating the vehicle's hardware to the latest version. To do this, contact Volkswagen customer service or your Volkswagen dealer.

0 Likes
sarah1973
Pioneer
Options
Have you contacted vw?
0 Likes
LitleB
Journeyman
Options

In my case it's a Skoda, but it's the same car. I had the car serviced on April 14 and then I was told that the software was updated. I will contact them again today and refer to this article.

0 Likes