Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm sounds doesn't work during call

(Topic created on: 08-05-2022 10:15 AM)
elmando
Explorer
Options
Hi, anyone else experiencing issues with Alarm just beep few times during voice call? Or after call volume and sounds glitches and all sounds going through ear speaker...
Never had with any phone something like this.. just few weeks with samsung and already issues...
(1)
25 REPLIES 25
AndrewL
Options

@elmando: Please try opening the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Call alerts & ringtone > Allow alarm/notification sounds in call, and toggle this option on. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
elmando
Explorer
Options
It's on, i checked already, if i switch off there no more beep and that's it
0 Likes
elmando
Explorer
Options
Issue is during call system not able to play alarm sound (if you trying to change alarm sound i got error "unable to play during call") so i guess it's related
0 Likes
elmando
Explorer
Options
First i thought phone doesn't recognize instagram call as a phone call, but i tried with phone call and i got same issue.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I wouldn't be very appreciative of someone's alarm blasting in my ear if I was in a call to them. Perhaps that's why there are only bleeps.
0 Likes
elmando
Explorer
Options
It's not your problem i believe. Never experienced this issue with any android phone. Also the other person cannot hear my alarm.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@elmando: I just tested this, and I too got 3 beeps in short sequence when my alarm went off while on a call. For me this makes sense, as you wouldn't want your full alarm tone to interrupt the call, but you're still notified of the alarm via the beeps, and a pop up notification to Dismiss/Snooze. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
elmando
Explorer
Options
I tested with OnePlus, Huawei, Iphone all of them working fine. And my girlfriend confirmed she never heard my alarm during call, so it means only me can hear. If you fell asleep how these low volume few beeps will wake you up?

I just googled it, looks like only Samsung having issues like this... So probably my time with Samsung was very short.. 🤭
0 Likes
elmando
Explorer
Options
Update: Only Samsung Clock app not playing sounds during call, just changed to Google developed Clock and works how it should be