Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s22 microphone making a sound every time it turns on and off

(Topic created on: 07-05-2022 11:34 PM)
JeanneRed
First Poster
Options

Hey guys,

My mic is driving me insane. Every time I use it in an app (Duolingo, in this case, where you often use the mic to practice your pronunciation), a green light shows up at the top right of the phone and the mic does a loud sound to indicate it's turning on. Then when I'm done using it, there's another sound to indicate it's turning off, then the green light disappears. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I don't mind the light, but does anyone know how to turn off that turning on/off sound? It's driving me up the wall

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Do you touch the mic to activate/deactivate? If yes maybe disable keypad tap sounds

0 Likes
Celine122
First Poster
Options
Yh, I think so too cos am using the Duolingo app and I haven't experienced such problems with mine
JeanneRed
First Poster
Options

I do have to touch the mic, but I tried disabling keypad sounds and vibration, the issue is still there

0 Likes
JeanneRed
First Poster
Options

I tried muting system sounds, but the mic turn on sounds are still there. I also can't find that specific tone anywhere in my sound settings

0 Likes
JeanneRed
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much! It's two sounds, like a ting ting, lower pitched when the mic turns on, and higher pitched when the mic turns off

0 Likes
Kay71
First Poster
Options

I had these sounds until recently and I actually like them when messaging or using other apps.  I didn't change the settings and now they are gone.  Any ideas how to get the sounds back when using the microphone regardless of app?

0 Likes
Elle with the G
First Poster
Options

Hey, did you find a solution to your problem? :)) I just started to use my new phone and I have the SAME problem while using Duolingo 😤

0 Likes