Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 total disappointment

(Topic created on: 15-03-2021 06:24 PM)
Andrea93birkett
Apprentice
Options

After taking delivery of my new Samsung S21 I am so very disappointed! This is the first phone I've bought without actually seeing and holding it in real life before hand... a mistake I will never make again!! The back looks and feels so cheap and nasty, the camera is a total let down! Every photo blurs at the slightest movement so taking a nice photo of the kids or the dog is impossible, the picture quality is very much substandard compared to the iPhone 12. And to top it off I have to pay £29 for a plug so I can use the cable provided... if I'm spending all this money on a phone the least I expect is for a complementary charger!

9 REPLIES 9
grilo67
Navigator
Options

To be honest, I had my S21U since the very first day it was out, directly from Samsung UK and I am very happy with it. No overheating problems, no camera problems, the battery could be better but I'm not complaining. The phone feels and looks premium. The screen is really good. 

I'm sorry that you are having problems and that it doesn't live up to your expectations. You can always return it within the 14 days and go for other makes out there.

Ragety
Pioneer
Options
Bit of an odd post. The look and feel is subjective to the individual. Many believe the back is an improvement over the shiny fingerprint magnet. From many YouTube reviews, S21U Vs iPhone 12 the photos and videos are nearly equal with the S21 coming out slightly on top because of added features. Also the iPhone doesn't come with a charger either.
If you are getting blurry photos every time, you may have a faulty phone, and need to return it.
My S21U takes rock solid stunning photos, and captures moving targets equally well.
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
to be fair he's on about the s21 not the s21 ultra,the cameras are slightly different with the ultras being better of course.
I also have the s21 ultra and it's awesome,but if I was going to spend around £700-£800 on a s21 I would probably also look at mi 11 or op 9 series when it's released.
Vetri
Voyager
Options
I know it's very different from budget point of view but I would say s21u is best of the lot. great camera hardware which will also get better with directors view 2.0 and zoom lock 2.0 with next Android release. 3 years of update will also bring lot of new features and a night video mode is expected later this year so you can't go wrong with s21u. I haven't used the regular s21 so I can't comment on that. Easter holiday sale is expected to offer 15-20% discount so that might be a good time for you to try s21U
0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Vetri 

right, return the s21 whilst the order is fresh

then grab s21 ultra on upcoming offer/discount

👩‍🍳🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Andrea93birkett
Apprentice
Options

20210316_180838.jpg

20210316_180851.jpg

20210316_180854.jpg

 can you see how easily the photos blur with the slightest movement? I didn't have this problem my S9. Is there a setting I need to change or something? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Andrea93birkett: If you're having some trouble capturing a clear image of your dog whilst in motion, then please go to Camera > Tap the cog symbol > Useful Features > Tracking Auto-focus > On. You may also wish to capture a short, 8K video, open it in the Gallery app and tap the 'Snap' icon while the video is playing to create a 33MP, high resolution still image. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/meet-the-unprecedented-8k-video-with-galaxy-s20-pl...

0 Likes
Andrea93birkett
Apprentice
Options

Budget isn't the issue for me it's size... the S9 was as big as I could manage with small hands and small pockets, thankfully the S21 is very similar in size but the S21U would be far too big for my liking otherwise I'd have most definitely gone for the best of the bunch.

0 Likes
Djinn26
First Poster
Options

I just bought the s21 ultra and when opening the box it was really disappointing no charger no headphones no screen protector like the ones before the phone feels cheap I can't believe that samsung quality of products is getting low and cheap it getting as bad as apple making you buy charger and headphones separately its just upsetting that a phone with this price tag has nothing to offer but a cheap looking phone. The camera looks horrible btw the quality of the pictures is ok but the camera itself looks horrible on the device never again buying from Samsung.