cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 UI6.0 has totally slowed my phone

(Topic created on: 23-12-2023 03:21 PM)
Journeyman
Options

My s21,which I bought (not used) just a year ago, was just fine untill yesterday. It was very smooth everything was allright, then I updated to UI 6.0 and now my phone is lagging everywhere: it misses touches, it is slow on reddit, tiktok youtube whatsapp, sometimes the buttons dont work. Its ruining my day, thinking I just threw my perfectly working phone away because of a f_ing update. I already tried to delate cache but I don't want to factory reset it as my photos order would get fd up and Im afraid to lose data. As I said, it worked perfectly and now this phone's only place should be  the garbage.  Is samsung going to fix those bugs by any chance?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @8889999   whilst some customers have issues  it is not universal (my S21 Ultra seems fine) ,  wiping cache partition can solve freezes/crashes however appreciate it has not made a difference in your case.   Have you tried repairing Apps from the Recovery Menu?   Whilst some view a Factory Reset a bit of a pain should be ok as long as you Back up (can use cloud and local storage), however see you are reluctant.   Have you sent an Error Report via Samsung Members?,  there will be fixes at some point.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you update one ui home app from the Samsung store?

It should be available after the one ui 6.update.
Journeyman
Options

Yes

Journeyman
Options

I followed your advice and "repeared and also written an error report. It is generale less laggy, however it still misses some touches and sometimes lags. I'll update you if anything else changes.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
'
Ok, realise still somewhat frustrating but at least some improvement

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Journeyman
Options

Do you happen to know what they generally do about stuff like this? Do I have chances of this getting this fixed?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
There tends to be software fixes periodically, cannot say about timescale though.

0 Likes
Journeyman
Options

I dont know if this matters, but I tried running a graphic test but it shows after going to 100 percent "error no command". Do you know if this is normal?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Suggests some sort of Bug. A few things to try, firstly restart device and see if situation the same. Can do this manually or via Recovery Mode-Reboot system now. Could also try wiping partition,Run the Graphics test afterwards.

0 Likes